Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Manchester or Sussex University for History of Art / Art History? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently trying to choose between the University of Manchester and the University of Sussex to study History of Art but after visiting both Universities I can't decide between the two as I love them both. The loved Manchester as a city as it seemed very me and I also liked how the University is in town therefore easy to go out and also to buy food. Whereas Sussex is a campus University therefore a lot harder to get into town. I'm from London therefore the size of Manchester is more appealing. I also worry that lots of people go back to London on the weekends at Sussex as it's so close? However I find the Art History course at Sussex incredibly attractive and have found that it has very high ratings from students. I would like to know if people like the Manchester course and if Sussex is sociable? Help please!

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm from Liverpool and I have an unconditional offer from Sussex to study Art History. I didn't apply to Manchester so I can't really help you course wise but living in the north-west and having visited the city many times I can understand the appeal, honestly if I didn't already live in the north-west I'd definitely move here for university. Sussex may be a campus university but it is literally a 5 minute train to the centre of Brighton, they have buses to and from as well of course. My brother graduated from Sussex (History & Sociology) in June and he absolutely loved it, in fact my first visit to Brighton was the reason I decided to go to uni all together. Obviously I agree that the Art History course looks fantastic, the trip to Rome in second year is also a bonus. From what I'm aware Sussex is very sociable, I've been out in Brighton when visiting my brother and the night life is so good. However, on campus apparently East Slope is the most sociable accommodation, that's where my brother lived in first year and he claims he drank for 11 consecutive days (if that's what you're into), he also ended up living with an amazing group of people who remain some of his closest friends. Lastly, Sussex is the sunniest campus in the UK and in Manchester it rains every day. Sorry I'm bias but I hope this helps, good luck!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 22, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.