Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    A sea?

Misread the question, I believe it is the Caucasus Mountain range.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The one next to the apennine mountains. Together they both look like a capital Y.
    Sorry if I can't be more precise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by longshot100)
    The one next to the apennine mountains. Together they both look like a capital Y.
    Sorry if I can't be more precise
    Caucasus?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    Caucasus?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I thought that is what it was too, but after trawling through the internet for quite a while it seems like it is more likely to be Montes Alpes.

This is the position of Montes Alpes https://tools.wmflabs.org/geohack/geohack.php?pagename=List_of_mou ntains_on_the_Moon&params=48.36_ N_0.58_W_globe:Moon

This is the position of Caucasus https://tools.wmflabs.org/geohack/geohack.php?pagename=List_of_mou ntains_on_the_Moon&params=37.52_ N_9.93_E_globe:Moon

And this is the apennine- https://tools.wmflabs.org/geohack/geohack.php?pagename=List_of_mou ntains_on_the_Moon&params=19.87_ N_0.03_W_globe:Moon

ReputationRep:
    I thought that is what it was too, but after trawling through the internet for quite a while it seems like it is more likely to be Montes Alpes.

This is the position of Montes Alpes https://tools.wmflabs.org/geohack/geohack.php?pagename=List_of_mou ntains_on_the_Moon&params=48.36_ N_0.58_W_globe:Moon

This is the position of Caucasus https://tools.wmflabs.org/geohack/geohack.php?pagename=List_of_mou ntains_on_the_Moon&params=37.52_ N_9.93_E_globe:Moon

And this is the apennine- https://tools.wmflabs.org/geohack/geohack.php?pagename=List_of_mou ntains_on_the_Moon&params=19.87_ N_0.03_W_globe:Moon
    None of those links lead to anything but you might be correct. You could try and just use Pythagoras on the latitudes and longitudes to find which one is closest

ReputationRep:
    None of those links lead to anything but you might be correct. You could try and just use Pythagoras on the latitudes and longitudes to find which one is closest
    Oh, idk why they aren't working.

The thing is the other mountains may be closer but at a different position to the one I'm after. I guess I'll just write a kind of blanket explanation that applies to any of them, that way I'll only fail if they are nowhere to be found in the drawing.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, idk why they aren't working.

The thing is the other mountains may be closer but at a different position to the one I'm after. I guess I'll just write a kind of blanket explanation that applies to any of them, that way I'll only fail if they are nowhere to be found in the drawing.
    What is this for? Astronomy GCSE?

ReputationRep:
    What is this for? Astronomy GCSE?
    Yep

ReputationRep:
    Yep
    What about the constellation drawing coursework, back when I did it, that was the easiest one. Along with the one where we just got a telescope to take pictures for us.

ReputationRep:
    What about the constellation drawing coursework, back when I did it, that was the easiest one. Along with the one where we just got a telescope to take pictures for us.
    The constellation one should have been easy, but I miscalculated the magnitudes (I didn't know what the system was), so I'm not sure how that one is going to turn out.

I could have gotten the telescope to take pictures for me on this CW, but I wasn't sure how to go about it, so I decided to do it with my own telescope. Hopefully I don't end up screwing up both courseworks.

ReputationRep:
    The constellation one should have been easy, but I miscalculated the magnitudes (I didn't know what the system was), so I'm not sure how that one is going to turn out.

I could have gotten the telescope to take pictures for me on this CW, but I wasn't sure how to go about it, so I decided to do it with my own telescope. Hopefully I don't end up screwing up both courseworks.
    We used some telescope on the canaries, I think they'll allow you to be a bit off on the apparent magnitudes though.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.