Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello! Tomorrow is the start of my revision plan which will take place from now until my final examination. In the past whenever revising I have used spotify and listened to my favourite songs as it made me feel happier ha.

However, I have heard that I am not giving myself real revision when using spotify to play my favourite songs and no I won't replace it with classical music sorry. Ill just get rid of it if that is best...

Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    Music definitely distracts me from reading, but if I'm doing equations for math I listen to music.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigpaddy27)
    Hello! Tomorrow is the start of my revision plan which will take place from now until my final examination. In the past whenever revising I have used spotify and listened to my favourite songs as it made me feel happier ha.

However, I have heard that I am not giving myself real revision when using spotify to play my favourite songs and no I won't replace it with classical music sorry. Ill just get rid of it if that is best...

Many thanks
    Instrumentals are the best, lyrics distract you. I listen to japanese music cause i don't understand it. Also i use white noise to cover the background!

ReputationRep:
    Was gonna say classical music haha... I would revise without then, I find that listening to music I actually like distracts me too much

ReputationRep:
    Lyrics distract me, as I listen to them instead of reading or thinking about what I'm supposed to revise.

ReputationRep:
    music maths

everything else silence

is the general rule I think

ReputationRep:
    I think i will start trying to reduce my music intake during revision as I guess it is a form of distraction.

ReputationRep:
    It depends what you like to listen to, if it is slow music then that generally tends to be less distracting. Also if you have songs which have a lot of meaning attached to then it will distract you from reading.

ReputationRep:
    I have always found that music is great to revise with! The tip that I would always recommend is going into Spotify or 8tracks and finding a playlist that is roughly the length of how long you plan to revise for - say one hour, then you know when you can have a break. I always find music helps me calm and blurs into the background when I start studying. I got straight A*s and As at GCSE and 3 As at AS, so it's definitely doing something right

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahrob97)
    I have always found that music is great to revise with! The tip that I would always recommend is going into Spotify or 8tracks and finding a playlist that is roughly the length of how long you plan to revise for - say one hour, then you know when you can have a break. I always find music helps me calm and blurs into the background when I start studying. I got straight A*s and As at GCSE and 3 As at AS, so it's definitely doing something right

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey, thanks for your reply- I am assuming you have no problem with music that contains lyrics then ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigpaddy27)
    Hey, thanks for your reply- I am assuming you have no problem with music that contains lyrics then ??
    Not in my experience haha but music without lyrics, especially film scores, is also great!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.