The Student Room Group

Keele or Coventry

Well my question is:

-Which one would you choose to study at and why?

the course I'm applying for is Economics. I don't know which one to make as my UCAS choice
Personally I'd rather Keele. I applied there, but I got an offer from Southampton as well so went there instead.
Reply 2
Original post by CantGainWeight
Personally I'd rather Keele. I applied there, but I got an offer from Southampton as well so went there instead.

why would you choose Keele? what did you like about this place?
I've visited both Keele and Coventry University, and I've chosen to go to Keele. I personally preferred Keele for several reasons: it's in a rural area instead of a city, it had a much more relaxed atmosphere, and the people there seemed more friendly. I disliked Coventry because of it's location in the city, the accommodation seemed a bit dodgy, and I generally didn't feel like I would be comfortable studying/living there.
Original post by jgjog3
why would you choose Keele? what did you like about this place?

I think Coventry is quite dead. I have a friend who did his foundation there and he hated it. I also liked Keele because everyone mentioned how it had its own bubble and how everything is on campus. I also really thought the university was really attractive.
Reply 5
I have chosen Keele as my firm choice, and Coventry is my insurance choice.
I also preferred the location of Keele, the surroundings, the many people I met there on the open day, and the general feel, over Coventry.
The accommodation at Keele seems ok, not brilliant, but no worse than Coventry. I like the fact I can leave the halls, and within minutes, be in a field, or by a lake. It just seems so much more relaxed and laid back than being in a city.
That said, if you want city life, then Newcastle under Lyme and stoke are won't too far, but obviously not as close to a city as Coventry, so I guess it all depends on what you want out of the university apart from a degree.
I am hoping to study law and criminology.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Sean B
I have chosen Keele as my firm choice, and Coventry is my insurance choice.
I also preferred the location of Keele, the surroundings, the many people I met there on the open day, and the general feel, over Coventry.
The accommodation at Keele seems ok, not brilliant, but no worse than Coventry. I like the fact I can leave the halls, and within minutes, be in a field, or by a lake. It just seems so much more relaxed and laid back than being in a city.
That said, if you want city life, then Newcastle under Lyme and stoke are won't too far, but obviously not as close to a city as Coventry, so I guess it all depends on what you want out of the university apart from a degree.
I am hoping to study law and criminology.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I went there on saturday 20th for the offer holders day.
Basically it was raining and not many people turned up.
The lecturers looked bored out of their wits.
Now I'm second guessing my choices :s-smilie:
Original post by jgjog3

Hello if there isn't one already I am planning to make a group chat for coventry university applicants 2016/17, even if it is your insurance you are still welcome to join for the experience or whatever happens. Message me back for details and tell anyone who might be interested
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by jgjog3

I'm thinking you have already made your mind up. Each to their own and all that.
I actually enjoyed the open day at Keele, regardless of the rain.
What exactly are you wanting from a university? Only you can decide, and if you are doubting your choices, then chances are they are, they are not the right ones for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending