Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I need urgent help... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have recently got into a £2000 debt which needs to be repaid ASAP. Basically, this is how it goes:
    I was surfing on the Web one day and i came to this site called craigslist, not knowing anything about this site. I saw a post saying 5 iphones 6 for only £450! I leapt at this listing as I thought that it was my way to making lots of cash. I could resell the phone. So me being me, I listed the phones on ebay thinking that if I sell one I can immediately raise the cash so that I can order the phones. I sold all 5 iphones on ebay. I didn't have the iphones though, I was waiting for the guy from craigslist to send them. He didn't send it and I got scammed £450! And I also have to give refunds to all the eBayers but I don't have the money!! I need urgent help. Please help me. I can't tell anyone, I can't get a loan out. I can't do anything. I'm stuck in the middle and I only have a few days...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by siddique247)
    I have recently got into a £2000 debt which needs to be repaid ASAP. Basically, this is how it goes:
    I was surfing on the Web one day and i came to this site called craigslist, not knowing anything about this site. I saw a post saying 5 iphones 6 for only £450! I leapt at this listing as I thought that it was my way to making lots of cash. I could resell the phone. So me being me, I listed the phones on ebay thinking that if I sell one I can immediately raise the cash so that I can order the phones. I sold all 5 iphones on ebay. I didn't have the iphones though, I was waiting for the guy from craigslist to send them. He didn't send it and I got scammed £450! And I also have to give refunds to all the eBayers but I don't have the money!! I need urgent help. Please help me. I can't tell anyone, I can't get a loan out. I can't do anything. I'm stuck in the middle and I only have a few days...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not sure if your are trolling or not but...
    How did you not know Craigslist can be a little dodgy? Usually if something sounds too good to be true, it is!
    Anyways, how did you manage to blow all the money from the ebay buyers? Unfortunately, I don't know how to make £2000 in a few days so you're on your own there.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't know craigslist was dodgy. And I lost £200 from ebay fees and I spent the rest of the cash... Please let me know if you figure any way out, even if it gets me a few pounds. After all, every little helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I didn't know craigslist was dodgy. And I lost £200 from ebay fees and I spent the rest of the cash... Please let me know if you figure any way out, even if it gets me a few pounds. After all, every little helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    HAHA idiot

ReputationRep:
    Okay.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    So you handed £450 over to a person you didnt know and without seeing the phones? Are you in the habot of giving large sums of cash to complete strangers?

Why not fund the purchase of the phones with the sale proceeds?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, I wasn't thinking straight. I was too excited about finally be able to make a few pounds... :no:
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Ask in the ebay forums about whether you cna canle the transction and simply return the money, then you will have only lost the draigs lust money. I have trouble believibg anyoen could be so stupid and youd think it was a good idea to try and sell items you dont have..

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What do you mean you don't have the money for the refunds?! lol.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Surely the PayPal funds wouldn't have released yet as the buyers wouldn't have reviewed their phones? I call BS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Cant say I believe it. Sounds too stupid to be true.

ReputationRep:
    Lol. Idk. I spent it on so many things. I've been searching for high paying jobs online for hours but only bs come up.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    You have spent the money they sent you, before getting the phones? BS

ReputationRep:
    lol OP 100% deserves teh assraping he is going through right now

ReputationRep:
    Lol, why do you have to be so mean? I'm so confused right now... I legittly need to sell everything i own now...

ReputationRep:
    Lol, why do you have to be so mean? I'm so confused right now... I legittly need to sell everything i own now...
    Literally the story you're trying to sell us is pure bs. It's so unrealistic and I'd like to think no one would be so silly as to do such a thing.
    Hey, you can have an A for effort though:ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I wish it was bs.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    So you would have us believe someone was willing to seell iphone 6's for £90 each.

You subsequently send them £450 without seeing the phones or knowing anything about them.

You then auction these imaginary phones on ebay.

You then take money for the items and spend it.

BS

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I wish it was bs.
    Can you send a print screen of your ebay selling page as proof? There's no security reason why not. I've uploaded mine. If you are serious I'll try to help otherwise without proof there's no point and your gofundme should be reported for fraud.

Name:  Screen Shot 2016-02-22 at 23.49.05.png
Views: 99
Size:  27.8 KB

ReputationRep:
    Okay

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.