Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've had quite a restricted diet for a while, and have been looking to expand my diet a bit, so I'm not just rotating between a small number of meal options all the time. I've had some successes and some setbacks.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any good cook books that might help me find new things to try? I already have "Nosh for Students" which has given me a few things, but I think I could use some more.

ReputationRep:
    Hi! One of my favourite book series is from the guys known as the 'hairy bikers.' They have some amazing recipe books. Lemme find their names then i'll edit them into my post!

Here's my favourite three:
    Hairy dieters: good eating. (With low-calorie equivalents of their normally calorie heavy meals.)
    Hairy bikers: Great curries, for you to expand your appetite.
    Finally Hairy bikers: Asian Adventure, once again allowing you to experience a brand new list of delicacies.

This is by no means ALL of their books. Head over to their website for the full list: (It's the shop link but i buy my books from a local bookstore)
    http://www.hairybikers.com/shop#Mpgmov1wBJF8OGZI.97

Warning however, some of their curry recipes are quite complicated, as the sauces are homemade. But they are most certainly worth the long/dedicated preparation time required!

Best regards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RF_PineMarten)
    I've had quite a restricted diet for a while, and have been looking to expand my diet a bit, so I'm not just rotating between a small number of meal options all the time. I've had some successes and some setbacks.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any good cook books that might help me find new things to try? I already have "Nosh for Students" which has given me a few things, but I think I could use some more.
    What sort of cuisines are you most interested in?

Not a cookbook per sé, although they do have a few published if I remember correctly, but I definitely recommend checking out Sorted Food. They've published hundreds of recipe videos over the last few years aimed at making cooking more accessible. Loads of variety and very little skill required for the most part.

https://www.youtube.com/user/sortedfood
    https://www.sortedfood.com

ReputationRep:
    Name a cuisine you like and I'll suggest a good cookbook.

If you are looking for general recipes that aren't too hard to make, the good food website is a great place to start.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.