The Student Room Group

Going on date next Thursday in London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Black Cat

She's in her early twenties and I have never met her friend either so it's going to be bit awkward, but I don't mind. I invited a friend initially to make it less awkward for her friend, but he cancelled. Her friend still insisted that she wanted to go even after this.

At least if you do pull, you'll get two girls out of it.
You have a point it's going to be a long day so the plan will be to start with brunch then to move onto a day activity and finally drinks and dinner.

I still think that is a bit too much, 3 out of the 4 would be a really good date, especially for the first one.

Logically speaking she would cancel as well, but she didn't I can't really tell her not to come now. I feel that it will be slightly awkward couldn't imagine myself doing the same.

So your scared to ask her to ditch her mate because you know she'll cancel altogether? So to salvage it you're happy for her mate to be there? 'Deary deary me?!....The saying "3's a crowd' resonates well here!....
Reply 23
Anything more than just drinks is excessive for a first date imo
so who's gonna be third wheeling... bantz
My suggestion is London natural history museum. Its free and there the science museum next to it.

Her friend will make bonding harder but I guess its her choice
If you were going cinema I'd have suggested you take her to the electric cinema at Portobello.

A bit miffed about her friend coming, but I wish you the best bro, you already seem sorted.
You're always spooky for choice when you're in London Town. Check out the museums in south Ken or to the galleries. Or for a stroll by the Thames
I was thinking of checking out the Victoria Albert Museum really nice place to go, but some girls aren't into that sort of thing so kinda 50/50 on that idea. I'm definitely going for a meal and we're thinking of going to bar as well obviously before dinner :h:

Lovely thanks for the suggestion will check out the app.

No worries, glad I could help
Hi guys,

So basically I am going on a date next thursday with this girl who is bringing her friend don't ask why. I already have some places in mind as to where to go was thinking to start with brunch and then to proceed to a decent bar and then finally dinner. We will be indoors for the majority of time, but I don't mind going outdoors so if you have any suggestions feel free to comment them below.

I don't know much about London since I live outside the city.
I hope it's not a first date as that seems way too much for a first date. I would just keep it casual and go for a few drinks and see where that goes.

Venues - I recommend Porterhouse in Covent Garden, Waxy O'Connors in Leicester Square or Faltering Fullback in Finsbury.

Thursday is a good evening for London - Friday / Saturday is just way too crowded in general. Not most ideal for date.

The friend coming along may not be such a bad thing - it's certainly different - but if you win her friend over it will help a lot.

Have fun.
Hit up Chasers later on yeah? Me, lager. Finchy, lager, Gareth, lager sometimes cider, so y'know, different drinks for different...needs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending