Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Current predicted grade for chemistry-U
    What I want to achieve-A

I used to get straight A's and A*s at GCSE and I know As levels are a big jump from GCSES but I wasn't expecting U's, at least a D but no. I didn't do separate science, I did the double award and I don't know if it's due to that but we've only done the foundations of chemistry yet and some organic chemistry. I can't pinpoint where I'm going wrong. I haven't done any past papers as the specification has changed slightly and we're the first A level students that will be taking our exams after 2 years which makes it even harder! Can anyone who did chemistry give me tips on how to achieve a good grade and how to revise efficiently. Redox reactions confuse the hell out of me, the concept seems simple but when it comes to exams I always seem to mess up on them and can anyone tell me where I can access the most recent past papers. Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Maybe try some of the old past papers from the exam board? Sorry I can't help more but I'm not doing A-levels yet, apart from one in ICT. The exam board will also put up the most recent past papers on their website soon. Maybe ask your teachers if they have access to them? Just re-read your message... maybe just look on the exam board website.
    If you're struggling maybe look over a GCSE textbook or online notes to brush up on your knowledge? Sorry I can't help more!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.