Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have many ideas but i need some suggestions too , I am a 17 year old female and am currently a student of electrical engineering at college in England which is a level two and level 3 qualification and could already allow me to get a good job with a good salary , but I would like to go further in to university , and that would be next years September , but it is always good to have a clear plan and go towards it. Due to the high costs in England I would rather study aboard . I have always liked the language Spanish and I believe my level of it is about a B1-2 because I am self studying it couple times a week and I talk to people in it too just I need to work on my talking . Although not being British , I have been here for over 11 years and I have all education here I am also wondering if getting a separate advanced exam from it as i only have the GCSE's . Next year I will also do Core maths just so I am satisfied with maths It is something I really like . I also have an interest in psychology because I believe knowing how people think and why they act like they do would come in handy in any situation .

Countries I like are the Spanish speaking ones , and i have already been in Spain which I really like but I've heard that it is very hard because the level is high . But I am prepared for any challenges , there the Uni isn't too expensive thus it is a nice country to be in despite all the problems they are having with economy would it be a good country ? . I do also like finland , but I think the country is too cold , or is it .

Also I am self studying German as my fourth language ( I am Polish ) , I have some family there so I though it would come in handy when I meet them and also for my future job , Probably within the Engineering field . At the site Khan academy I study Physics even though I didn't like it as a secondary student I started to like it since I saw it makes sense . What else , I'd like to just get more experience in something that could be useful to me . I will start applying after the September this year , Maybe far away this date is but It is never too early to see what is available for me . I try to spend most of my time studying because there is no time to lose and I would like to stand out . I am looking to also take the DELE exam from Spanish just to assure I have a qualification if it is useful . My hobby is what I study , and I do like Air planes somewhat.

Therefore my question is by what I have written , Is that sounding realistic , and If you were in my shoes what would you be looking to do ?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi there its Amanda here at BCU! I just wanted to introduce you to our graduate Katja - she's a female graduate of ours who has got a fab job working in engineering at Siemens. She studied mechanical engineering and has shared some advice about getting into the industry. It might help? www.bcu.ac.uk/how-to/katja

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.