Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, everyone!

I want to base my epq on biology but still couldn't decide the topic. I am thinking about something like;
    - human behaviour (psychology and neuroscience kind of thing)
    - makeup related something like animal testing, why people wear makeup? effect of makeups on organs etc.
    - reaction time and memory
    I think I will carry out an experiment as well. Any suggestions guys?

Thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    Personal research like experiments score highly in the EPQ, purely because they show a personal interest to answer your question, however make sure that it's feasible and you can answer the question you propose. Make a plan from the get go. Your ideas are extremely vague, whilst attempting to create a scientific paper may leave your EPQ reading like pseudo-scientific copy and paste with no answer. Make sure you can conduct your own research that will have an impact on your results. Maybe collect 10 sources for each potential question and evaluate whether you can complete it to a high standard. Make sure that it doesn't overlap course content (ie if you do psychology you likely can't study eye witness testimony for the EPQ).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.