Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How do you do those wings with eyeliner?
    I can never get the wings right. And also, do you keep your eyes open or closed when applying top eyeliner?

ReputationRep:
    Use a spoon.

ReputationRep:
    It totally depends on your eye shape, just keep trying and practising. You can use sellotape (but stick it on your hand a few times so it loses most of its stickiness) and stick it so that the edge acts as a guide for the wing, and you can sort of see how it's going to look like when you stick it on

ReputationRep:

I always use this one because you can draw the first line and that dictates what kind of wing you're going for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glassriver)
    Use a spoon.
    Lol that's actually quite clever!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmeliaBaldwin)

I always use this one because you can draw the first line and that dictates what kind of wing you're going for
    Thanks!! I'll try this method out. Hopefully it's as simple as it looks hehe

ReputationRep:
    just paint a line as an extension of your bottom lashline, thats usually a good rule of thumb to get the angle right. after that you just paint another line above it and fill it in, like in the picture posted above. it's more about practice than having the right instructions though! and a good eyeliner of course. i prefer gel over liquid i keep my eyes open when doing the first line and closed when i do the second one.

ReputationRep:
    There are loads of tutorials on youtube which are helpful

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only person alive that hates the winged eye look?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mondvay)
    just paint a line as an extension of your bottom lashline, thats usually a good rule of thumb to get the angle right. after that you just paint another line above it and fill it in, like in the picture posted above. it's more about practice than having the right instructions though! and a good eyeliner of course. i prefer gel over liquid i keep my eyes open when doing the first line and closed when i do the second one.
    Cheers!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.