Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am sitting 9 exams from 16th May- 16th June this year! When should I start revising?? I got 8A* and an A in my mocks but I know this doesn't guarantee anything.. Some of my friends have started already but will they not burn out?

ReputationRep:
    I am just starting now.... However, i am aiming for high grades. Depends really... If you want majority A*s start NOW.

ReputationRep:
    I started too late really and that was straight after the Easter holidays... Start around the beginning/middle of March and no later otherwise you won't fit everything in (considering the grades you're getting atm)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate1541)
    I am sitting 9 exams from 16th May- 16th June this year! When should I start revising?? I got 8A* and an A in my mocks but I know this doesn't guarantee anything.. Some of my friends have started already but will they not burn out?
    start now

ReputationRep:
    I started around mid-March for GCSE and have no regrets. However, for my AS Levels this year, I'm definitely going to start this week!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Somadiner)
    I am just starting now.... However, i am aiming for high grades. Depends really... If you want majority A*s start NOW.
    Yeah I would be wanting all A*s- might not be achievable but I'm aiming high- just a bit lazy! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatusStarbright)
    I started around mid-March for GCSE and have no regrets. However, for my AS Levels this year, I'm definitely going to start this week!
    What grades did you get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AfcFob)
    I started too late really and that was straight after the Easter holidays... Start around the beginning/middle of March and no later otherwise you won't fit everything in (considering the grades you're getting atm)
    Thank you! I was thinking around early/mid March but my friends were worrying me starting so early! It'll be a lot of work considering I'm doing maths & further maths especially but j hope I'll get the grades!

ReputationRep:
    Me too! I'm starting GCSE's too and I have no clue when to start revising so I'm just going to stuff it and start now. I'm so nervous I'll burn out though

ReputationRep:
    It's definitely worth starting early if you want all A* grades. I got 8A*s and 3As in my GCSEs and I started revising about a month before my first exam which was very stressful but I am a serious procrastinator - I got the As in biology, French and further maths and I knew I could've done better if I'd started earlier. Just do little bits every so often to keep the knowledge fresh in your head and you should be pleased on results day!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! I was thinking around early/mid March but my friends were worrying me starting so early! It'll be a lot of work considering I'm doing maths & further maths especially but j hope I'll get the grades!
    I started my revision in April and it was too late (hence why I only got 1A*)

I did FM too! Which board do you do? If you ever get stuck ask me anything as I got a high A and do AS math and I don't mind it will help with my math revision too 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AfcFob)
    I started my revision in April and it was too late (hence why I only got 1A*)

I did FM too! Which board do you do? If you ever get stuck ask me anything as I got a high A and do AS math and I don't mind it will help with my math revision too 😂
    I'm CCEA. But our school makes us do T4 ( normal maths) and half of further maths this year even though it's our first year of GCSEs! The teachers have said it's impossible to fit it all in.. Thank you I would ask but you probably aren't CCEA

ReputationRep:
    I'm CCEA. But our school makes us do T4 ( normal maths) and half of further maths this year even though it's our first year of GCSEs! The teachers have said it's impossible to fit it all in.. Thank you I would ask but you probably aren't CCEA
    No I did AQA FM and I now do edexcel AS math but most boards have very similar work (all my AQA stuff is on edexcel too) so there's no harm in asking if you need help as its a tough subject

ReputationRep:
    What grades did you get?
    6A*s, 4As and a C (there wasn't much I could do about the C, it's a long story, but I got an A in the exam)

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing my GCSE's this year aswell and I think that once you start questioning if you should revise - you should start. I'm saying this as I should be revising at the moment, but start as soon as you can

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking back at this less from a week before results and laughing😂 I think I started revising about first week of April (in according with when my school wanted us to start) but because I'm lazy and stupid af I didn't really stick with my revision schedule and now I'm so scared for results! I'm just glad that I've next year to sort it out😁 So anyway this is what I'm predicting (more hoping) for next week

English language A*
    English literature A*
    History A/A* (usually low grade boundaries)
    Biology A*
    Chemistry A*
    Physics A*
    RE A*
    Maths A
    Further maths A

I think I can do this but i found maths so hard and English/history are very subjective- matters what examiner you get on the day so yeah I'm kinda worried😁

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking back at this less from a week before results and laughing😂 I think I started revising about first week of April (in according with when my school wanted us to start) but because I'm lazy and stupid af I didn't really stick with my revision schedule and now I'm so scared for results! I'm just glad that I've next year to sort it out😁 So anyway this is what I'm predicting (more hoping) for next week

English language A*
    English literature A*
    Biology A*
    Chemistry A*
    Physics A*
    RE A*
    Maths A
    Further maths A

I think I can do this but i found maths so hard and English/history are very subjective- matters what examiner you get on the day so yeah I'm kinda worried😁
    Well done! You obviously worked hard!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    Well done! You obviously worked hard!
    Omg now you've scared me so much because I really didn't work hard😭 Just got very lucky with what came up

ReputationRep:
    please please please please start as soon as possible and don't literally leave it all to the night before the actual exam like i did - lol... my parents are going to be extremely disappointed when they see my grades in 5 days.

ReputationRep:

English language A*
    English literature A*
    Biology A*
    Chemistry A*
    Physics A*
    RE A*
    Maths A
    Further maths A

Soooo I actually got:

English language A*English literature A*History A*
    Biology A*Chemistry A*Physics A
    RE A
    Maths AFurther maths B
    BUT my further maths is one mark off n A, my maths is one mark off an A* and my re is 2 marks off an A* so I think I'll get them remarked. I don't know what happened in physics??? I checked my work and it all seemed 100%? GBs must have been really high though because my friend lost 2 marks and got an A

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.