Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm in love with a man, who loves me back too, but we live 50 miles away from each other. I can't drive and he runs a busy business, so realistically we can only see each other every 2 weeks 😔 I know our feelings are true, and I believe we can get through this, but I just need some advice on how to handle long distance relationships?

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a kinda similar situation. My boyfriend lives 400 miles away though but we still see each other every 2 weeks. The way I handle my relationship is that I want to be with my boyfriend, and if that means being 400 miles away from him then so be it. You need to feel that the person is worth it, if the person is worth it then the distance isn't as much of a problem as you thought it would've been.

Trust is the key though. You have to trust each other 100%. If not then it can cause the relationship to break down and that's usually the main thing that causes LDR's to fail!

Frequent communication is also a must. My boyfriend and I Skype pretty much all the time but if your man is running a busy business then I guess that isn't really an option. Just make sure you text, message, phone and Skype whenever possible.
    If you can't drive then maybe you could get the train? If you buy a railcard you get a third off of ticket prices so it could be a cheaper option. And if he's only 50 miles away then the journey won't be too long!

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    I think if you truly love someone distance is irrelevant

ReputationRep:
    I'm 200 miles away from my boyfriend but we make it work!

Yeah I know and we are both really trying to make things work because we love each other a lot, but it is still so hard! Thanks for your advice, sometimes hearing it from someone else helps a lot Xx

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 22, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.