The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

isabella19
I did AQA and found it quite hard, how did everyone else find it?

I also do AQA Spanish, but mine isn't until Thursday!
Obviously I won't be asking for any answers or anything stupid.

I thought the exam board made sure everyone did it at the same time or same day at least. Probably a tad naive of me!
Reply 2
Opps sorry, I do OCR! I really should know this by now...

Good luck for Thursday anyway!
Reply 3
I did Spanish CIE and it was so easyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! i surely got an A*
I do edexcel and mine is on Thursday.

xx
i did mines yesterday with ccea and it was deadly!!!!!!!!!
my reading and writing is on monday im so screwed !
Reply 6
I have got edexcel listening 2moro.
Reply 7
Did AQA today, thought it was pretty hard but then it's my weakest area of the course.
I did AQA listening today as well. Some questions were ok, others were much more confusing than the previous years.......
Reply 9
I did AQA too. At first I thought it was going to be easy but then after a couple of questions it got harder to hear what they were saying. Most questions were fine, but a few were very confusing as they sort of mentioned everyone/thing to trip us up.

I was really surprised as it was much harder than the years before that we did as practice papers.:mad:

And the fact it was all on the same thing was dull :s-smilie:

Oh well, it's done now.
Reply 10
I thought that it was slightly tricky, but overall not too bad. I found the section B easier than the past papers.
Reply 11
Lucy_P
I did AQA too. At first I thought it was going to be easy but then after a couple of questions it got harder to hear what they were saying. Most questions were fine, but a few were very confusing as they sort of mentioned everyone/thing to trip us up.

I was really surprised as it was much harder than the years before that we did as practice papers.:mad:

And the fact it was all on the same thing was dull :s-smilie:

Oh well, it's done now.

That's pretty much what my girlfriend said about it too.. :frown:
I did my listening yesterday - it was awful!!!!! :eek: All my mocks were so much easier!! I mean, what was the last question about? (I did Edexcel) My teacher told me after the exam what they were actually talking about - (don't know if I'll be allowed to say it on here) I mean, even if you'd've heard that in English you would've thought, :confused: what? And then there was a long lengthy text about how this product they were asking about charges up - I mean, honestly, who on earth is going to be able to understand that, in Spanish, at GCSE level?

xx
Reply 13
i did AQA listening on Thursday.
I thought it was fine.
I found that question about good and bad food a tad difficult but the rest was fine for me.

Got reading and writing on Monday :s-smilie:
i have to do well. it's on eof my A* subjects.
Reply 14
Make_It

I found that question about good and bad food a tad difficult but the rest was fine for me.

I thought that was fine :confused:
The one about who they wanted to vote out (the second one, the first and third part were fine) i didn't get easily because the noise was muffled, I swear. :redface:

I agree that the English section was easier than usual, maybe to compensate (!)

Apart from the very last question, I admit I guessed 'No' because they were pretty negative about their son all the way through :rolleyes:
Reply 15
I did OCR Spanish. Was pretty hard towards the end. Anyone else do OCR???
Reply 16
Lucy_P
I thought that was fine :confused:
The one about who they wanted to vote out (the second one, the first and third part were fine) i didn't get easily because the noise was muffled, I swear. :redface:

I agree that the English section was easier than usual, maybe to compensate (!)

Apart from the very last question, I admit I guessed 'No' because they were pretty negative about their son all the way through :rolleyes:

haha.
same about the last question.
then i put because he didnt concentrate on his studies or whatever.
i found the section on who they wanted to go a bit tricky too. i pretty much guessed.
but the english was so much more easier than usual.
Reply 17
wilcz123
I did OCR Spanish. Was pretty hard towards the end. Anyone else do OCR???

yeah I did. I found it a lot harder than the mock one (the 2006 exam). Do you think they'll pull the grade boundaries down?

I also did OCR reading on Thursday, which I thought was really easy compared to listening!
Reply 18
I agree that the one about choosing who they wanted to go with was pretty difficult. It would have been easier if they would have played each one once, and then repeated them as one question as opposed to repeating each part.

I think that the grade boundaries will be lower as a lot of people who I have spoken to have found it hard..
Reply 19
Edexcel listening was shocking . last question through me . I have 2 half spanish people in my class and they found it confusing . How could i stand any chance?

Latest