Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was looking at the computing course at imperial college and it says they don't accept ict as an a level? do they have any flexibility with that at all? like depending on what exam board it is you do? cos it's seriously breaking my heart rn

ReputationRep:
    ICT A level is fairly basic and not much use for a computing / computer science course. What other a levels do you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oliviiaa)
    I was looking at the computing course at imperial college and it says they don't accept ict as an a level? do they have any flexibility with that at all? like depending on what exam board it is you do? cos it's seriously breaking my heart rn
    It would only be accepted as a Fourth/Possibly third (supposing your other two subjects are good).

If you want computing at Imperial you're gonna need Maths...Probably Further Maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by High Stakes)
    It would only be accepted as a Fourth/Possibly third (supposing your other two subjects are good).

If you want computing at Imperial you're gonna need Maths...Probably Further Maths.
    Further maths is pretty much a requirement. Unless you want to do STEP...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jabberjay_)
    ICT A level is fairly basic and not much use for a computing / computer science course. What other a levels do you do?
    my other a levels are physics, maths and further maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oliviiaa)
    my other a levels are physics, maths and further maths
    Then you should be fine. I'd recommend dropping ICT, if you're capable of doing well in math/fm/physics then you won't need ICT at all, it will only weigh you down. Also 3 a levels is fine, I do fm/maths/computing and I got an interview at imperial, not an offer yet though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jabberjay_)
    Then you should be fine. I'd recommend dropping ICT, if you're capable of doing well in math/fm/physics then you won't need ICT at all, it will only weigh you down. Also 3 a levels is fine, I do fm/maths/computing and I got an interview at imperial, not an offer yet though.
    oo thats good to know then. im not allowed to drop any subjects cos my school says i'll then be doing too little. i doubt i would drop it anyway tho

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.