Xorteck
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I got into Edinburgh and St Andrews for Mathematics. I'm not sure which I should pick. I've been leaning towards Edinburgh because of the city itself. My question is, is there a difference in the programs at each school? Edinburgh's position on the university rankings makes me question wether or not I should go there.
zetamcfc
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Xorteck)
I got into Edinburgh and St Andrews for Mathematics. I'm not sure which I should pick. I've been leaning towards Edinburgh because of the city itself. My question is, is there a difference in the programs at each school? Edinburgh's position on the university rankings makes me question wether or not I should go there.
They have the same course structure. So it would seem that modules you will be able to pick will be similar with some variations.
TeeEm
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
very similar ...
I would pick Edinburgh as it one of the best cities in the UK !!
zetamcfc
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Where else did you apply? You could always put the Granite City down as your insurance (If you applied here that is)
Xorteck
Rep:
?
(Original post by zetamcfc)
Where else did you apply? You could always put the Granite City down as your insurance (If you applied here that is)
"Granite city"??

I applied to Warwick for math as well as Bath for mechanical engineering. Assuming i get into all of them, Edinburgh and St Andrews are still my top two.
zetamcfc
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
"Granite city"??

I applied to Warwick for math as well as Bath for mechanical engineering. Assuming i get into all of them, Edinburgh and St Andrews are still my top two.
Look it up. Nice confidence you have with those choices.
Xorteck
Rep:
?
(Original post by zetamcfc)
Look it up. Nice confidence you have with those choices.
I'm applying from Canada so i don't have to deal with A levels. They look at my term marks and they were good enough for me not to worry too much.

It must be stressful taking the A levels. Betting everything on some exams. I'm really happy i don't have to deal with that .
zetamcfc
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm applying from Canada so i don't have to deal with A levels. They look at my term marks and they were good enough for me not to worry too much.

It must be stressful taking the A levels. Betting everything on some exams. I'm really happy i don't have to deal with that .
Not really, when you know you will fine on 2 of them and fail the other like me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (25)
13.37%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.42%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.81%
I need help with my personal statement (79)
42.25%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (44)
23.53%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.6%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (15)
8.02%

Watched Threads