Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got into Edinburgh and St Andrews for Mathematics. I'm not sure which I should pick. I've been leaning towards Edinburgh because of the city itself. My question is, is there a difference in the programs at each school? Edinburgh's position on the university rankings makes me question wether or not I should go there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xorteck)
    I got into Edinburgh and St Andrews for Mathematics. I'm not sure which I should pick. I've been leaning towards Edinburgh because of the city itself. My question is, is there a difference in the programs at each school? Edinburgh's position on the university rankings makes me question wether or not I should go there.
    They have the same course structure. So it would seem that modules you will be able to pick will be similar with some variations.

ReputationRep:
    very similar ...
    I would pick Edinburgh as it one of the best cities in the UK !!

ReputationRep:
    Where else did you apply? You could always put the Granite City down as your insurance (If you applied here that is)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zetamcfc)
    Where else did you apply? You could always put the Granite City down as your insurance (If you applied here that is)
    "Granite city"??

I applied to Warwick for math as well as Bath for mechanical engineering. Assuming i get into all of them, Edinburgh and St Andrews are still my top two.

ReputationRep:
    "Granite city"??

I applied to Warwick for math as well as Bath for mechanical engineering. Assuming i get into all of them, Edinburgh and St Andrews are still my top two.
    Look it up. Nice confidence you have with those choices.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zetamcfc)
    Look it up. Nice confidence you have with those choices.
    I'm applying from Canada so i don't have to deal with A levels. They look at my term marks and they were good enough for me not to worry too much.

It must be stressful taking the A levels. Betting everything on some exams. I'm really happy i don't have to deal with that .

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying from Canada so i don't have to deal with A levels. They look at my term marks and they were good enough for me not to worry too much.

It must be stressful taking the A levels. Betting everything on some exams. I'm really happy i don't have to deal with that .
    Not really, when you know you will fine on 2 of them and fail the other like me

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.