I'm insatiably hungry and I gain weight so easily

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm overweight. Over the last year-ish I've lost 2 stone. Then I suddenly plateaud and couldn't lose any more. I'd go months at a time eating probably less than 1600 cals a day excluding Saturdays (most weekdays I eat a single normal-sized meal and a small snack, nothing more) as a 19 y/o male. I should have been losing weight but I just wasn't.

I'm also depressed. After trying several different medications, I started one last week that finally seemed to be working. But it's making me insatiably hungry. I eat and eat all day. To be honest, I probably still don't eat that much more than most people, but I eat far more than I'd like to.

I've gained a ****ing stone in the last week. I just don't understand.
TeeEm
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm overweight. Over the last year-ish I've lost 2 stone. Then I suddenly plateaud and couldn't lose any more. I'd go months at a time eating probably less than 1600 cals a day excluding Saturdays (most weekdays I eat a single normal-sized meal and a small snack, nothing more) as a 19 y/o male. I should have been losing weight but I just wasn't.

I'm also depressed. After trying several different medications, I started one last week that finally seemed to be working. But it's making me insatiably hungry. I eat and eat all day. To be honest, I probably still don't eat that much more than most people, but I eat far more than I'd like to.

maybe there is something wrong with your thyroid gland which control your metabolism
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Know what you mean, buddy. :console: I put weight on so easily, yet my spouse eats and eats and is still skinny.

Would that antidepressant happen to be mirtazapine (remeron) btw?
Hardy jacks
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Go vegan- eat as much as you want (and do- you are hungry for a reason) and your body inevitably balances to a healthy weight,it's Amazing
username2228735
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
With you on this. I find it very difficult to lose weight as well.

Try cutting meat from your diet. It's worked wonders for me and I've seen my weight plummet since. I'm not a vegan per se, but I I've cut meat, chicken and fish from my diet three to four days a week, and noticed that my cholesterol levels are low while my protein intake is the same. I've been considering going vegetarian all the time now and will most likely do that in the coming months.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (46)
37.1%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (12)
9.68%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (5)
4.03%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (29)
23.39%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (22)
17.74%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (10)
8.06%

Watched Threads