Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have been unconditionally accepted to both the University of Glasgow, and the University of Strathcylde. At Glasgow the program would be urban development, and at UOS it would be an Human Right Law both are master couses. I cant decided between these two, as I would be happy with either program. I am just looking to see if anyone has any advice, as I am looking to choice a school where I would be fit in as an international student and be happy. Any pros and cons of each school would be helpful.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Strathclyde is based in more of a central area of Glasgow whereas Glasgow Uni is in the west end and requires you to get a subway into the centre - it's not an extortionate amount of money, £3 for a return. I have friends who are almost finished their first year at Glasgow and they have enjoyed themselves and made friends easily and my friends who are at Strathclyde have said the same. A few of my friends have said the halls at Glasgow aren't as nice as the halls at Strathclyde - I can't vouch for this as I've only ever been to halls at Glasgow Uni. I'm fairly certain both universities are very accommodating for International students, so that shouldn't be an issue for you.

I'll be studying at Strathclyde starting in September, but I'm trying not to be too biased and it's an undergraduate degree I'll be starting. For post graduates you tend to only have certain halls to choose from - I think there are only 2 choices at Strathclyde and around 3 or 4 at Glasgow. The one's at Strathclyde are significantly cheaper - £100 for the accommodation with a shared bathroom and £129 for the en-suite. Glasgow's prices range from £112 - £142 for the post grad accommodation. Most of Strathclyde's accommodation is located close to campus whereas there's 20 minute walks from most accommodations to Glasgow Uni.

I'm not sure about which course would be better as I'm a Journalism student so I can't advise you on what course would be better but I hope I've helped in someway.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.