Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

my life feels so empty. i feel so unmotivated watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    as the titles says my life feels so empty; i feel so unmotivated. its a hard feeling to explain (feeling so empty) but i always get this horrible feeling in my stomach and i think i have nothing in my life. its such a horrible feeling and it upsets me. i also feel so unmotivated right now, ive got a bit behind on my uni work and i have an assignment due in two days and ive not even started it. i went shopping yesterday which temporarily made me into a good mood but now thats gone and im the same old me. all these feelings started since i started going through some family sh** i just really cba with life anymore.

how can i get rid of this and be my normal persona again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    as the titles says my life feels so empty; i feel so unmotivated. its a hard feeling to explain (feeling so empty) but i always get this horrible feeling in my stomach and i think i have nothing in my life. its such a horrible feeling and it upsets me. i also feel so unmotivated right now, ive got a bit behind on my uni work and i have an assignment due in two days and ive not even started it. i went shopping yesterday which temporarily made me into a good mood but now thats gone and im the same old me. all these feelings started since i started going through some family sh** i just really cba with life anymore.

There is not medicine to lift one's mood. You feeling because something happen which don't think should be happen. Just try to work on your assignment and completely switch off TSR for next two days. Try make it nearly perfect although you have less time.

Good feeling and nice mood is just matter of situations nothing other than this. Just wait and try to busy yourself but not on TSR.
    Have a good day

ReputationRep:
    You're entitled to how you feel. However I have to be honest, you sound like a brat. You have the privilege of going to university ,a roof over your head, family, friends, you live in the UK. It's up to you to fulfil your life, you have all the opportunities and your excuse is because your unmotivated.

If it's due to depression ect. Then what I said obviously doesn't apply to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    You're entitled to how you feel. However I have to be honest, you sound like a brat. You have the privilege of going to university ,a roof over your head, family, friends, you live in the UK. It's up to you to fulfil your life, you have all the opportunities and your excuse is because your unmotivated.

If it's due to depression ect. Then what I said obviously doesn't apply to you.
    i have had problems with depression in the past (around two years ago). i didnt want to come off sounding like a brat. i actually moved to a different country at the end of november and its honestly a struggle being away from everyone. i dont even have any friends here as there is no one who lives on the compound who is my age. i get pretty lonely here tbf.

ReputationRep:
    If im going to be honest, this is a disgusting piece of advice and you havent helped at all. Telling someone their feelings are invalid is downright foul of you and i advise you steer clear of trying to ""help""" anyone else with serous issues.

Anyone can feel like this regardless of their income, life situation etc. Im suure OP recpgnises the good in her life and is just going through difficult times in her life rigjt now.

The laat thing she needs is people like you spouting ridiculous attitudes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    i have had problems with depression in the past (around two years ago). i didnt want to come off sounding like a brat. i actually moved to a different country at the end of november and its honestly a struggle being away from everyone. i dont even have any friends here as there is no one who lives on the compound who is my age. i get pretty lonely here tbf.
    I totally feel you on that, I've had to move four times. Weird you can't find anyone around your age in uni...hopefilly this feeling will pass ASAP.

ReputationRep:
    I totally feel you on that, I've had to move four times. Weird you can't find anyone around your age in uni...hopefilly this feeling will pass ASAP.
    my degree is with the Open University

ReputationRep:
    You don't sound like a brat at all everyone (including myself) have come across points in their lives where they feel low- don't worry. It all gets better from now try to stay in a positive mindset if you can it's harder to do at first but try to think about all the positive things that have happened in your life and try to avoid thinking about the negative things.. With work I've not started uni yet but you need to give yourself a plan for everyday... Not meeting deadlines will only make you feel more down along with other issues so try to give yourself work time and chill time
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    If im going to be honest, this is a disgusting piece of advice and you havent helped at all. Telling someone their feelings are invalid is downright foul of you and i advise you steer clear of trying to ""help""" anyone else with serous issues.

Anyone can feel like this regardless of their income, life situation etc. Im suure OP recpgnises the good in her life and is just going through difficult times in her life rigjt now.

ilysm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)

I wasn't giving attitude maybe my delivery wasn't the best...but all that typing and no piece of advice for her?

(Original post by mkap)

Anw <3 !

I know how it feels I think a lot of people have been through this feeling :/
    Are you going to stay in Saudi a long time ? Correct me if I'm wrong but I think your friends are in UK right ?
    I think if you can go to UK again you'll feel better.
    Anyway I know it can't be as simple as it seems so I suggest you to find "something to do". I mean, you said going to shopping put you in a good mood, maybe you should go out more often ? Or do some sport , find a club it something

I know it seems like ordinary advice but I had a depression problem once and felt really lost in life , and finding some goals everyday really helped me to keep moving.

And when you wanna talk about it there's always someone on TSR :3

You have all my support <3 <3 <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    x
    im going back in the UK for the summer but maybe coming back here for another year. my friends are in the UK. yeah i love shopping (who doesnt) it puts me in such a good mood but now im just feeling meh now. thank you, im always here for you too x x

(Original post by mkap)
    im going back in the UK for the summer but maybe coming back here for another year. my friends are in the UK. yeah i love shopping (who doesnt) it puts me in such a good mood but now im just feeling meh now. thank you, im always here for you too x x
    Thanks <3

Okay so living in Saudi is temporary ?
    Vacation in UK (you can call it a return haha :P ) will be a really good thing !!

Are you feeling empty because you're "alone" ? (Far away from friends etc etc)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    ilysm.
    -hugs
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by mkap)

Same:jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    aw hope ur okay
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by mkap)
    aw hope ur okay
    Yeah, I'm ok for me. Hope you're fine too:hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.