Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Every time I watch the BBC, I get spoon feed reasons NOT to leave the EU.

Why do they have a BREXIT bias?

ReputationRep:
    Oh here we go...

No, they don't have a Brexit bias. Just because you get your knickers in a bunch whenever someone is shown on TV with a viewpoint you disagree with does not mean bias. Just because it tends not to descend to the myth-peddling of the Sun and the Mail does not mean bias.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gladders)
    Oh here we go...

No, they don't have a Brexit bias. Just because you get your knickers in a bunch whenever someone is shown on TV with a viewpoint you disagree with does not mean bias. Just because it tends not to descend to the myth-peddling of the Sun and the Mail does not mean bias.
    Unfortunately the BBC is very much likely to be EU bias, especially with the main party leaders all in favour of staying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sebby491)
    Unfortunately the BBC is very much likely to be EU bias, especially with the main party leaders all in favour of staying.
    The Lib Dems are largely an irrelevance now. Corbyn is privately eurosceptic, under pressure from many in his party, and the Conservatives are split right down the middle, with many senior cabinet ministers advocating Brexit. So I don't think Cameron's influence counts to all that much right now in this regard.

Anyway, I put it to you that the BBC only appears biased to you because it is in fact trying to report the facts, but your favoured news sources are in fact heavily biased themselves, but you don't see it that way because you agree with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gladders)
    The Lib Dems are largely an irrelevance now. Corbyn is privately eurosceptic, under pressure from many in his party, and the Conservatives are split right down the middle, with many senior cabinet ministers advocating Brexit. So I don't think Cameron's influence counts to all that much right now in this regard.

Anyway, I put it to you that the BBC only appears biased to you because it is in fact trying to report the facts, but your favoured news sources are in fact heavily biased themselves, but you don't see it that way because you agree with them.
    Corbyn will support EU membership openly, so is Nicola, so are the Lib dems and also Cameron so yeah all parties are. The facts easily point to leave but you won't know that from the biased BBC, check out Question Time and you realise how biased it can be, has been 4 vs 1 o the panel on a number of occasions.

ReputationRep:
    The BBC receives funding from the EU, and has been noted in more than one report now to have a left-wing bias (an affinity for multiculturalism/white-guilt and a fondness for islamofascism), both facts hint at why they hold certain biases towards staying in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sebby491)
    Corbyn will support EU membership openly, so is Nicola, so are the Lib dems and also Cameron so yeah all parties are. The facts easily point to leave but you won't know that from the biased BBC, check out Question Time and you realise how biased it can be, has been 4 vs 1 o the panel on a number of occasions.
    Yes, it's that simple, isn't it. The only way someone can disagree with you, the only possible way they can have a different opinion, can never be because they have a different perspective from you, is because they are mindless idiot sheep.

And you, meanwhile, have exclusive club membership to the News Source of The Impartial Truth. And you know it to be impartial and truth because you agree with it.

Obvious.

ReputationRep:
    because the BBC is left wing
    and so is sky news

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnnyb99)
    The BBC receives funding from the EU, and has been noted in more than one report now to have a left-wing bias (an affinity for multiculturalism/white-guilt and a fondness for islamofascism), both facts hint at why they hold certain biases towards staying in.
    Oh, we could play ad hominems all day about which news source is in the pay of who. Where do you get your news from?

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, because the BBC hasn't given enough airtime to Farage every week.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    It's just known that the BBC is biased on this issue, after all it is funded partially by the EU.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CreamyChocolate)
    Every time I watch the BBC, I get spoon feed reasons NOT to leave the EU.
    I feel the same !

ReputationRep:
    I just feel the in campaign isn't given enough scrutiny especially when reporting Cameron's deal with what it does and doesn't do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yh coz being part of the EU is good for business and rich boyz

ReputationRep:
    Yea if you're rich and don't care about the rest of society you should definitely vote in

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Given how heavily biased the rest of the media is against the EU, a little bias the other way wouldn't go unwelcome, really.

ReputationRep:
    I'm amused that no one *****es about the massive bias in favour leaving the EU demonstrated by the newspapers.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by johnnyb99)
    The BBC receives funding from the EU
    (Original post by balanced)
    It's just known that the BBC is biased on this issue, after all it is funded partially by the EU.
    This is a myth. The EU funds BBC's charitable arm, which has nothing to do with the organisation's main broadcast output, including BBC News.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Dez)
    This is a myth. The EU funds BBC's charitable arm, which has nothing to do with the organisation's main broadcast output, including BBC News.
    Exactly, this saves them money which they spend elsewhere. Therfore it is indirect funding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by balanced)
    Exactly, this saves them money which they spend elsewhere. Therfore it is indirect funding.
    It doesn't save them money. It is the charitable arm.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.