Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter


    I have received an offer from UoB a few weeks ago, and ever since one thought has been nagging me: the fact that I have been classified as an overseas student, and not a 'home' (whether EU home or not).
    I have moved to the UK at the start of year 12, and I am now year 13. Year 11 in British school years, as well as the rest of my life, has been spent in a EU country which has been part of the EU for longer than 3 years (in case that matters). To be quaified for the fee status of Home EU/UK/EEA, one would have had to either live 3 consecutive years prior to applying in a EU/EEA nation, OR live 3 consecutive years prior to applying in the UK.Conveniently, the website for how the fee status of one is determined, has taken down that very page: http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/International-Students/Fees--finance/Home-or-Overseas-fees/ Either way, considering the fact that Birmingham labelled me as overseas, and interpreting the law on the source I have given to the letter, I suppose it is safe to assume that there is no way to change the fee status?I have not emailed the university as the last time I emailed them they needed one month and a half to get back to me.

    Any help would be very much appreciated! Thank you!
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.