Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ISIS shooting video exposed as footage from 'Medal of Honor' watch

Announcements
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    A dramatic video shown on Iranian state TV, purporting to show a Hezbollah sniper shoot six ISIS soldiers, has been exposed as footage from the first-person shooter video game Medal of Honor.

The video was shown on Iran’s state TV as well as shared on its website and across other Iranian media outlets, according to France 24.

The men speaking Arabic in the video are portrayed as a team of crack Hezbollah snipers from Lebanon.

The footage generated a number of sensational headlines from national media including "Hezbollah sniper kills Daesh combattant”, "Hezbollah sniper hunts down Daesh brutes”, and "Six Daesh combatants are killed in 2 minutes by a Hezbollah sniper”.

Read More:
    https://www.rt.com/news/333174-isis-...edal-of-honor/

ReputationRep:
    Who'd have thought they had computers that could run Medal Of Honor

ReputationRep:
    Any IS kill is a good kill but life's not a video game.

Video games romanticize conflict and makes it seem easy and emotionless, but in reality, you'll probably **** your pants. There isn't indestructible armour, quickie health packs and nor do you get to save or restart your life.

War is terrible and we can all do without armchair warriors glorifying it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheArtofProtest)

Video games romanticize conflict and makes it seem easy and emotionless, but in reality, you'll probably **** your pants. There isn't indestructible armour, quickie health packs and nor do you get to save or restart your life.

How insightful, I never knew any of this before...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Coming from a guy who thinks we should build a wall around Europe, Trump-esque style, I didn't think you did.

ReputationRep:
    Coming from a guy who thinks we should build a wall around Europe, Trump-esque style, I didn't think you did.
    Do you need *Sarcasm* markers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm so glad you've informed me of that! I was literally just about to go join the army because my K/D ratio is on point atm.
    You're really doing a great service by telling us that a work of fiction isn't the same as real life :yep:

nor do you get to save or restart your life.
    I found this bit particularly insightful, you learn something everyday on TSR!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOOOOOOOOOOOL

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Strange of RT to out them like that.

ReputationRep:
    COD 8: Wiff Waff Chaps Ahoy !

Crazed Spetznaz Boris takes on the EU armed with a ping pong bat and a bag of Matron's rock cakes.

ReputationRep:
    You mean to tell me that they used footage of a scene in Medal of Honour... a VIDEOGAME (not even a movie...) and put that up as their own footage of them 'killing people'? And... wait wait lemme just think... they thought they'd get away with it?

Is this the real life?

ReputationRep:
    I was just to enter the UFC because I was smashing it on Street Fighter, getting all kindsa combos. Gonna spark out Connor McGregor with up up A down A left B B A diag A/C. But then TheArtOfProtest came and told us that life isn't the same as computer games so now I've changed my mind.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 22, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.