Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Dorset mobile speed camera watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi

On Saturday I saw a mobile speed camera as I went round a bend (it was a 60 into a 30 zone). It looked like the windows at the back of the van were blacked out (not opened). I was going 34 when I saw it parked up. I slowed down to 30 or just below that. Are all mobile camera locations shown online because the Dorset police website do not mention any mobile cameras where I was driving.

I tested out my sat Nav to see how much my speedo was out by. Looks like my speedo is 2/3mph more than the sat Nav!

Do you think that the camera van was recording or could it have been one checking tax (even though there were camera symbols on the van)?

ReputationRep:
    It could just have been checking tax, honestly I wouldn't worry about it too much. If your speedo was saying 34 you were probably only doing 31 - 32 so even if it was a camera you'll probably get away with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dean01234)
    It could just have been checking tax, honestly I wouldn't worry about it too much. If your speedo was saying 34 you were probably only doing 31 - 32 so even if it was a camera you'll probably get away with it.
    Thank you, that's reassuring. I'm always so careful with speed apart from that moment. I know that I'll be even more careful from now onwards even if I do not get a ticket.

(Original post by FadingAway)
    Hi

On Saturday I saw a mobile speed camera as I went round a bend (it was a 60 into a 30 zone). It looked like the windows at the back of the van were blacked out (not opened). I was going 34 when I saw it parked up. I slowed down to 30 or just below that. Are all mobile camera locations shown online because the Dorset police website do not mention any mobile cameras where I was driving.

I tested out my sat Nav to see how much my speedo was out by. Looks like my speedo is 2/3mph more than the sat Nav!

Do you think that the camera van was recording or could it have been one checking tax (even though there were camera symbols on the van)?
    You were doing 34mph on a road with a 30mph speed limit. Not a single soul is gonna give a fudge. I wipe front to back by the way.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.