The Student Room Group

Do people go to Church other than for Relgious purposes?

So not long ago I've been at a place where a religious group hold there meetings (not participating myself, I'm not religious). About at least half are elderly (not unexpected), the younger ones seem split between the obviously more bookish religious types that seem well into it. The others though I'm not sure why they are there, some maybe the religious sort, but some you wouldn't have figured they would be at all - you get an odd few real hot birds turn up. Some of the guys I wonder if they turn up just for this, though not sure if it really works for many. Others I wonder if they are just there for the social scene - people to socialize with - and don't really actually give a toss about religion if truth were known. Others still maybe for contacts/connections for business, references, opportunities. Possibly some have just grown up with it from their families taking them along. I always thought though that its just the out and out bible nuts you get along to these things and while everyone goes along with all of that, I'm thinking that many are perhaps just making out they are into it but are really there for other purposes. Has anyone else found this/does this that attend religious groups?
well, i read and agree that some people indeed attend church to find their long term partners

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending