The Student Room Group

Muslim TSR users, should I marry this man? Arranged Marriage

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
if a non muslim said it to me i would treat it the same as if a non muslim told me as its helpful to me. but i thought that if non muslims read this then they would tell me to live my life and stuff like that.

I fully accept there are Islamic rules and you want to live your life the Islamic way, so telling you to go out and have sex with a load of guys to find yourself, is totally unhelpful but love is the most important component of your marriage and you have to appreciate the dangers (Islamic dangers) associated with agreeing to spend your life with someone you might not be compatible with.
I like that fact that he's somali and and has completed his hifdh. if you are interested and attracted set up a series of meetings to get to know him better with your wali there.
If you're flirting while married you'll flirt while not married (bigger sin). Learn to control yourself before contemplating marriage you seem too immature atm tbh.

Regarding the guy, seems perfect (too good for you from the way you come across in this thread), just make sure your personalities gel.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Free Kurdistan
I fully accept there are Islamic rules and you want to live your life the Islamic way, so telling you to go out and have sex with a load of guys to find yourself, is totally unhelpful but love is the most important component of your marriage and you have to appreciate the dangers (Islamic dangers) associated with agreeing to spend your life with someone you might not be compatible with.

i know. obvs i will get to know him before hand to try to figure if we are compatible. i wouldnt walk into a marriage with my eyes ****
Original post by chikane
I still think you should study then marry personally but if you want to marry him then go ahead but like others are saying talk to him and get to know him beforehand.

I knew a girl who married at 18 and did a degree but they don't have children yet but she is happy.

yeah i wouldnt want children straight away anyway maybe after a year
Reply 85
Original post by Oilfreak1
If you're flirting while married you'll flirt while not married (bigger sin). Learn to control yourself before contemplating marriage you seem too immature atm tbh.

Regarding the guy, seems perfect (too good for you from the way you come across in this thread), just make sure your personalities gel.

I think you got the "not" in the wrong plane....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Oilfreak1

i would never ever do that while married. ive been through it with my parents so i wouldnt do it. i understand your point that i may be immature
Original post by Andy98

Posted from TSR Mobile

you wrote n when you meant c :tongue:
i know. obvs i will get to know him before hand to try to figure if we are compatible. i wouldnt walk into a marriage with my eyes ****

You should probably wash your eye before you get married

Spoiler

Original post by Free Kurdistan
You should probably wash your eye before you get married

Spoiler

lol i make silly typos like that all the time :colondollar:
Reply 90
you wrote n when you meant c :tongue:

Balls:colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you feel as though he's the right one for you, if hes got a good personality, on his deen, then trust Allah, do istikhara and go with it
Original post by Andy98

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah i did.
Are you serious or trolling...?
Are you serious or trolling...?

serious
Reply 95
I think you should talk to him and find out what kind of person he is. Even though you're young he could be right for you. After talking to hin and getting to know more about him decide if you feel ready or not. However you're still very young so you obviously have time so don't feel pressured. ALSO do the istikhara prayer to see if your final decision is right or not. Gd luck!
Reply 96
can all the people against the idea of arranged marriage not comment , i wrote this for the purpose of Muslims to give me advice. i dont need your western 21st century comments.

:troll: Post in the Islam Soc then, it all sounds a little too inflammatory to be true really.
(edited 8 years ago)
being educated and religious are big factors for me. personality is important to i forgot to mention. the age gap should bother me at all and i have family who have married to different cultures and its been okay for them. tbh my life goals are to become a good mother and a good wife. i am doing a degree at the moment but it will not be disrupted if i get married.
be careful : the risk in giving up a career and becoming a housewife is also that, if the marriage fails, you will be left without nothing

so, be sure to finish your degree(s) and, at least, be sure to have the marriage registered officially
wrong thread
(edited 8 years ago)
im 18, going on 19 and its at a point where i dont mind getting married if the right person comes along. My dad is my only guardian who acts as a wali, my dad family are hindu and my mums side of the family are useless. Hes found someone for me but hasnt approached him yet. the guy is 25/26, he is Somalian (im south asain) he has a PhD and is a hafith of the Quran. he is well established too. i pray five times a day and wear the hijab and abaya although i still talk/flirt with guys so maybe its best if i get married as my spouse will fulfil my desires.

Generally when it comes to looking for a spouse i look for 1.Islam and 2.being educated so he ticks all the boxes.

the thing is i dont know if im honestly ready for marriage, i think i may be as i want to be a mother as soon as i can and i am ready to be a housewife (im fully trained too lol) another thing is that i dont know if i am ready for sex its so daunting and i dont think i could lose my virginity on my wedding night.

what makes a person ready for marriage?

can anyone give me any advice as to weather i should marry this guy? my dad woul never make me marry someone i dont want to

feel free to ask any relevant questions :smile:

If he is from different culture dont do it sister.
Not worth it in the long run

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending