Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What overall marks does the average student get in first year? watch

I messed up my first year by handing in my assignments within a week late of the deadline which means that they will all be capped at 40%. I still receive my original grade which are all between 62-68%.
    I'm very frustrated with myself and have promised myself to work harder in2nd year. I'm very disappointed with myself but I know I deserve it for handing in everything late. I might pass first year with either a 3rd or if I'm lucky a 2.2.

How bad is this?
    Will I ever get a job?
    What does the average student average with in first year?
    What did you average with in first year?

p.s sorry for all the questions, I'm panicking.

ReputationRep:
    does your first year count? and if so, how much?

I would say the 'average' was a 2.1 somewhere, as it remained for the rest of the degree, lots of people said 'first year doesn't count so I don't care' but I think in practice they did do some work, even if it was often last minute...

I got a first in first year

your employer wont see a year by year break down so as long as you bring your average up (assuming your first year counts at all which many don't) then it won't matter

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.