Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Guys I'm going to sound really silly here:
    basically I have accidentally withdrawn from a medical school (young kids were near my laptop and i left it unattended) and now i really want to reinstate my withdrawal- i have tried phoning up admissions and emailing to explain my situation but they haven't answered- I'm really worried what should I do? Do u think I have a chance of being considered for application again??
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by MevMev)
    Guys I'm going to sound really silly here:
    basically I have accidentally withdrawn from a medical school (young kids were near my laptop and i left it unattended) and now i really want to reinstate my withdrawal- i have tried phoning up admissions and emailing to explain my situation but they haven't answered- I'm really worried what should I do? Do u think I have a chance of being considered for application again??
    Your best bet is to ring UCAS first and see what they say. And then continue to try and contact the medical school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestCat)
    Your best bet is to ring UCAS first and see what they say. And then continue to try and contact the medical school.
    oh am i supposed to ring up UCAS??
    ok will do that now thank you?
    what do u think - do i have a chance of being reinstated- I'm really worried it was a genuine accident??
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    oh am i supposed to ring up UCAS??
    ok will do that now thank you?
    what do u think - do i have a chance of being reinstated- I'm really worried it was a genuine accident??
    I can't really comment.
    UCAS are the best bet to start off with, as they would have to reput it on the system if possible. I know it has happened the other way round before so there should be someway around it, but the sooner you speak to UCAS and the Uni the better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestCat)
    I can't really comment.
    UCAS are the best bet to start off with, as they would have to reput it on the system if possible. I know it has happened the other way round before so there should be someway around it, but the sooner you speak to UCAS and the Uni the better.
    i phoned up UCAS they were really lovely on the phone but they said the decision lies with the university
    so i rang up admissions and they said 99% chance that u won't be reinstated but as your case was accidental we will have a look further and reply to your email

I'm just so annoyed right now- my carelessness isn't it
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    i phoned up UCAS they were really lovely on the phone but they said the decision lies with the university
    so i rang up admissions and they said 99% chance that u won't be reinstated but as your case was accidental we will have a look further and reply to your email

I'm just so annoyed right now- my carelessness isn't it
    I'll keep my fingers crossed that they realise it was a mistake and don't hold it against you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.