Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Student finance for placement year? watch

    • Thread Starter

    Does anyone know if you can get a student loan for a placement year? The degree course has a compulsory placement year in the 3rd year. The university charges a part payment for the placement year (about £2,500 I think) and obviously accommodation and living expenses have to be paid. As I am finding out, not all placement/internship jobs are paid so how are students expected to finance it?
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Nattiepins

    There are different types of placement.

    If its a paid placement you may be able to get a reduced rate maintenance loan or anywhere not mentioned on the next sentence.
    If it is unpaid and a Type B ( Unpaid work placement in a hospital, health or Local Authority, prison or probation sector etc) you may be able to get full funding.

Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.