Pound hit 7 year low / decline sharply after boris johnson backed Brexit

Watch
HucktheForde
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Almost too dramatic how one man's words can cause chaos to the currency.

http://www.fxstreet.com/analysis/gbp...st/2016/02/22/

http://www.theguardian.com/business/...-business-live

IF UK leaves the EU the pound will drop a lot. It might not be bad as exports will soar and tourism will bring in more revenue. But are you ready for a weak pound? Your purchasing power will reduce and a lot of people will come here as they can afford to spend now.
TheArtofProtest
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
We are a service orientated country, with estimates saying that services account for 75% of our GDP (London, the financial heart of Europe, if not the world, makes up around a quarter of the UK's GDP by itself).

The export effect will be minimal at best.
Jammy Duel
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TheArtofProtest)
We are a service orientated country, with estimates saying that services account for 75% of our GDP (London, the financial heart of Europe, if not the world, makes up around a quarter of the UK's GDP by itself).

The export effect will be minimal at best.
It has to be remembered that the service sector is a hell of a lot more than just financial services. A massive chunk of the government spending is the service sector. Real estate is services, both rental and home buying. Transport and retail. Financial services are only about 5-6%

Posted from TSR Mobile
DiddyDec01
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just a taster for what may come.

Posted from TSR Mobile
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
the met office have issued a red alert for Storm Boris. it is expected to cause havoc within the M25 area. all travel to Europe is suspended.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (288)
55.81%
I don't have everything I need (228)
44.19%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed