Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Should I stop talking to him ? watch

Announcements

Hey there

Need some advices. My friends are clear but I need other opinions from other people.
    So, last year I met a guy at uni, I saw him a few times before because he was a friend of my friends bref.. And this guy was known to be someone really solitary and I did not even expected him to talk to me.. But he did, and we talked a lot after that, and I really liked him ! But as a friend and not more at all. But he was kinda insistant, talking to me everyday, he was really kind ! I knew after that he was in love with me, but he never told me so I chose to ignore and let the things this way.

But with my friends he was totally a different guy , still lonely , practically mean.. I did not understand that but I still talked to him. Well a few weeks after we got the results of our exams and he could continue to second year and I had to start again my first year, first it was like he totally forget me, but after one month he helped me to study and that was great, just like before all the ****.

But a few weeks ago I had my new results and I failed again and decided to drop out and go abroad. When he learned that he was shocked and stopped talking to me for a while.

Well the thing is he sent me a message to know how I feel today .. I don't know if I should answer or not. This guy was with me last summer when I had a really bad moment , he was supporting me all the time, but I don't understand him sometimes, he disappears and show off, then he comes again just like nothing ever happened..

My friends think he's weird and I should definitely not talk to him. But he shown me his good side and that was cute, I like this side of him ! But I'm afraid of being rejected again like he did twice.. I do not understand how a guy who likes you can do such things ..

I'm sorry it was long. Now he knows I saw his message. Should I answer or forget him ?

Thanks
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    If you do decide to stop talking to him, be honest with him about everything and try to get any questions that you may have answered and leave with some closure. I can't explain his actions though.

(Original post by SeanFM)
    If you do decide to stop talking to him, be honest with him about everything and try to get any questions that you may have answered and leave with some closure. I can't explain his actions though.
    Okay so I should answer him in both cases.. I think you're right .. But I still don't know if I'll stop , I'll think about it a little more

I can't either ! So weird >< a friend said he did this because he saw that I was not interested and he tried to forget me but could not. If it's the case I better stop instead of hurting him :/

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 22, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.