Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey so i got an offer from them and i was just wondering what the actual uni is like because upon reading up on it , it really don't sound good so i was hoping to get your opinions !
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by gertautas)
    hey so i got an offer from them and i was just wondering what the actual uni is like because upon reading up on it , it really don't sound good so i was hoping to get your opinions !
    Hi there,

Well I studied on the Advertising course here at Solent for 3 years and upon graduating, I was offered a position in their marketing department and now I'm giving experience to students about what my time was like .

I really enjoyed my three years, my lecturers were helpful, extremely insightful and frankly I couldn't of asked for better course friends. I didn't live in halls during my time at Solent as I lived a short commute away so making close friends with people was a little more difficult. Everyone here is so diverse and so welcoming.

If you really want to know what the university is like - come to one of our open days, you get to speak to your lecturers and current students.

Can I ask what course you're studying?

Thanks,
    Kath

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Southampton Solent Uni Student Ambassador)
    Hi there,

Well I studied on the Advertising course here at Solent for 3 years and upon graduating, I was offered a position in their marketing department and now I'm giving experience to students about what my time was like .

I really enjoyed my three years, my lecturers were helpful, extremely insightful and frankly I couldn't of asked for better course friends. I didn't live in halls during my time at Solent as I lived a short commute away so making close friends with people was a little more difficult. Everyone here is so diverse and so welcoming.

If you really want to know what the university is like - come to one of our open days, you get to speak to your lecturers and current students.

Can I ask what course you're studying?

Thanks,
    Kath

Thanks for the reply , yeh i will most likely come to an open day just gotta find the time! and im looking to study computer system and networks
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by gertautas)
    Thanks for the reply , yeh i will most likely come to an open day just gotta find the time! and im looking to study computer system and networks
    No problem! That's what I'm here for . Oh wow, well unfortunately I give you any advice from experience what the course is like, but I'm sure there are students on this forum that may have done the course!

Good luck course hunting!
    Kath

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.