Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Should I stay at home or live in the halls - at least for the first year of uni. I only live half an hour drives away so it wouldn't be out of the question to just stay at home and save a lot of money, but the last thing i want is to miss out on experience - PLEASE REPLY AN OPINION

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jodie98)
    Should I stay at home or live in the halls - at least for the first year of uni. I only live half an hour drives away so it wouldn't be out of the question to just stay at home and save a lot of money, but the last thing i want is to miss out on experience - PLEASE REPLY AN OPINION
    Of all the years to live at home, I think first is the worst. Save money in second and third when you've made your friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TurboCretin)
    Of all the years to live at home, I think first is the worst. Save money in second and third when you've made your friends.
    Yeah if I did move out I meant like i'd do that in the first year and then move back home for the second and third, does that happen often do you know??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jodie98)
    Yeah if I did move out I meant like i'd do that in the first year and then move back home for the second and third, does that happen often do you know??
    I don't personally know people that did it, but that doesn't tell you much. And I know that for some of my friends it would have been an option which would have caused them no issues.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.