Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does he like me or is he just being friendly? Watch

So this there is this guy I work with once a week, it's just the two of us in the office and we chat all the time. It's been that way for nearly two months but I have known him since the summer when another guy was sharing the office too at that time. So we have been talking for about 7 months now but only recently it's been more one on one.

We have good chemistry and we always hug each other goodbye. Last week he mentioned he was going out for his birthday and then he said I was more than welcome to come too. I have never been out with him before as I only see him at work. Do you think he invited me just to be friendly? I won't know anyone else there and I am quite nervous! So any tips also? I like him a lot and would love it to become something more.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously. -.-

ReputationRep:
    Deadpool was pretty good much better than iron man.

You have both been so helpful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So this there is this guy I work with once a week, it's just the two of us in the office and we chat all the time. It's been that way for nearly two months but I have known him since the summer when another guy was sharing the office too at that time. So we have been talking for about 7 months now but only recently it's been more one on one.

We have good chemistry and we always hug each other goodbye. Last week he mentioned he was going out for his birthday and then he said I was more than welcome to come too. I have never been out with him before as I only see him at work. Do you think he invited me just to be friendly? I won't know anyone else there and I am quite nervous! So any tips also? I like him a lot and would love it to become something more.
    I think it's friendly.

Honestly, try getting closer to him and seeing whether he responds because atm it seems like you both are just causal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You have both been so helpful.
    Listen at this point it's not 100% clear if he is into you ot just being friendly.
    I suggest go to his birthday party and see how it goes from there, you have nothing to lose.
    The question is, are you into him?.

(Original post by Animatrix)
    Listen at this point it's not 100% clear if he is into you ot just being friendly.
    I suggest go to his birthday party and see how it goes from there, you have nothing to lose.
    Yeah he is super cute I really like him. I think all the people going know each other but I don't mind talking to new people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Animatrix)
    I agree. If he's invited you, he clearly likes you but it's not clear in what way. The party should show you if he acts like that with everyone or if it's just you.

ReputationRep:
    at this point
    its better to believe he's just being friendly..

ReputationRep:
    i say go to the party girl! then you'll see what hes really like, not just at work. Plus if you want, you can always leave, try bring it up slyly and see if he re-invites you, then if he does, say you'd love to come but would you be welcome there as the host wont know you

ReputationRep:
    i say go to the party girl! then you'll see what hes really like, not just at work
    plus if you want, you can always leave
    try bring it up slyly and see if he re invites you, then if he does, say you'd love to come but would you be welcome there as the host wont know you

(Original post by dcheny)
    i say go to the party girl! then you'll see what hes really like, not just at work. Plus if you want, you can always leave, try bring it up slyly and see if he re-invites you, then if he does, say you'd love to come but would you be welcome there as the host wont know you
    It's not a house party but going out for drinks in London for his birthday so it will probably be a bar. Also it's his birthday so he is the host haha! I'm seeing him once more before hand so hopefully he will let me know more details, he said he would.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 22, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.