Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi - could anyone studying Music at KCL tell me about what life at King's is like especially with things such as the music society? Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    I second this. Interested in Music at Kings.

ReputationRep:
    What would you like to know more about? I'm on the Liberal Arts course and I major in Music

There are a ton of music societies at King's which are really active - there's always something going on and I'd say they've formed the biggest part of my music experience at King's, to be honest!

I'm a singer and I've been very involved with King's Opera, but there's also the chapel choir and societies like King's College Chorus, King's Musical Theatre, MSA Musical Theatre, Gilbert & Sullivan Society, as well as acapella groups All The King's Men and the Rolling Tones. If you're an instrumentalist there's the KCL Symphony Orchestra, the Jazz Society & Big Band, Modern Music Society and King's Baroque just to name a few - and a lot of the societies I mentioned earlier regularly need pianists to play for their rehearsals and instrumentalists to play in the orchestra for their productions. Is there anything you're particularly interested in?

(If you're interested in intercollegiate societies, the University of London have a chamber choir and a symphony orchestra open to all UoL students, which are both supposed to be very good as well.)

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.