Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Will I burn out? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of doing 3hrs a day after school and 30 minutes in the morning.
    Is this too much?

ReputationRep:
    Depends, some people prefer doing tiny blocks of 30 minutes with 5 minutes gap in between. Others prefer huge blocks of 2-3 hours so it's totally personal pretence. Personally I like doing huge chunks at once and I like doing that so it's totally personal preference tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I worked for 5 minutes today... so burned out it's unreal get me a doctor
    Spoiler:
    Show
    joke joke x'D
    well I mean the 'average' is 5 hours per subject per week outside of school
    so if you do 4 A levels it's almost 3 hours everyday (spread evenly)
    That's average! And it hasn't burned anyone else out so another 30 mins wont kill you

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0lut0)
    Is this too much?
    Not if you can organize your tasks and be very precise about what you're learning, otherwise you will burn out. Just make sure you get at least 7 hours of sleep per night.

ReputationRep:
    it depends on you really, maybe try it for a week and see how you cope? try to find the best way to break it down too, so for example some people like doing 30 min bursts and others like long two hour chunks
    idk about the 30 mins in the morning that would stress me out, but i guess it might motivate some people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0lut0)
    Is this too much?
    It sounds fine, but with the 3 hours after school, take a 20 minute break after each hour. Make sure you're starting as soon as you get home from school so that you can still go to sleep at a reasonable time and get 8/9 hours of sleep.
    Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KyleBroflovski)
    Not if you can organize your tasks and be very precise about what you're learning, otherwise you will burn out. Just make sure you get at least 7 hours of sleep per night.
    If I sleep at 10:00 is that 7hrs of sleep?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0lut0)
    If I sleep at 10:00 is that 7hrs of sleep?
    Depends when you wake up. If you want to wake up at 7 then you should be falling asleep by 11:30 PM, If you go to bed at 10, you should wake up at 5:30. Check out this website, it'll calculate your optimal sleep/wake times based on human sleep cycles.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.