The Student Room Group

French speaking exam

My French speaking exam is on this Thursday and I have started to memorise my piece. Since I'm doing Ed-excel I must also prepare for some follow up questions. I have recorded myself speaking and I ended up finishing my piece within 1 minute 30 seconds, and I am really worried because I have heard that marks are deducted if you don't finish it between 4-6 minutes. Any tips or ideas would be helpful, thanks anyway.
Reply 1
I believe I'm doing AQA and have my last french speaking on Friday so I suppose I can still offer you advice! You should find out online whether it needs to be between 4-6 minutes or not. But my tip for memorising it is repeat a few words/line until it gets stuck in your head, read the next few words, repeat, repeat, repeat until you know it off by heart, there's no easy way of memorising French.
Original post by Clearist
I believe I'm doing AQA and have my last french speaking on Friday so I suppose I can still offer you advice! You should find out online whether it needs to be between 4-6 minutes or not. But my tip for memorising it is repeat a few words/line until it gets stuck in your head, read the next few words, repeat, repeat, repeat until you know it off by heart, there's no easy way of memorising French.

I just checked online and the piece can be off a maximum of 3 minutes, and then follow up questions would be asked by the teacher. Therefore the total piece+questions answered must be between 4-6 minutes or else you lose marks. And thanks, I've been trying that so far :biggrin:
bumpppp
bump :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest