The Student Room Group

~Gingerbread's road to Law~

Scroll to see replies

We do have a planner and don't really use it anymore. I've been so unorganised this year, I'd usually check on a Sunday to see if I have hmwk for the next day. Now I just ask friends and classmates on whatsapp or at school and do it in other lessons, lunchtimes, breaks.. or not do it at all. :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
Update 04/05/2016

Eek, sorry I've neglected you guys for so long!

Rather than going over everything I've done, I'll recap you on the most important things!

Coursework: I have now officially handed in all of my coursework! Over the year, I've done 2 pieces of History, 2 of Language and 1 of Literature, and I'm so proud of all of them and the work I've put into them. I'm sort of emotional about getting them all finished, because they've been a constant part of my life for what seems like forever now, and the reality of leaving school is starting to set in.

Essays and exam marks: I got back the History essay we did on Women, and I got 53 out of 60, which is an A*. It's really rewarding to see my work paying off, and that I have the potential to get an A* in both History and Literature. We've also been doing some essays in Language, and although we haven't really had any numerical marks, my teacher has been giving really positive feedback.

Revision: I'm continuing with my revision of Russia, and I think I know about 60 statistics now which is really good. I've also found out that my exam is on 25th rather than the 18th, so I have an extra week of revision! We got some more theorists in English Language too, which I'm starting to revise more now. I still am not doing as much as I want to, and I'm finding that I'm not very productive at school. I'm considering maybe staying after school some days to see if my revision works better there.

My exam timetable and countdown
20160504_194126.png

The all important dates! I use the app Day Counter to get widgets on my phone to count down.

My exams are:

Wednesday 25th May: History Russia resit

Friday 27th May: Gen Studs

Monday 6th June: Gen Studs

Friday 10th June: History (AM) and Gen Studs (PM)

Wednesday 15th June: Language (AM) and Gen Studs (PM)

Friday 17th June: Literature

I don't have that many exams, so thankfully they're all over pretty soon...

When do your exams start?~Gingerbread~

Quotes

Original post by Gingerbread101
Update 04/05/2016

Eek, sorry I've neglected you guys for so long!

Rather than going over everything I've done, I'll recap you on the most important things!

Coursework: I have now officially handed in all of my coursework! Over the year, I've done 2 pieces of History, 2 of Language and 1 of Literature, and I'm so proud of all of them and the work I've put into them. I'm sort of emotional about getting them all finished, because they've been a constant part of my life for what seems like forever now, and the reality of leaving school is starting to set in.

Essays and exam marks: I got back the History essay we did on Women, and I got 53 out of 60, which is an A*. It's really rewarding to see my work paying off, and that I have the potential to get an A* in both History and Literature. We've also been doing some essays in Language, and although we haven't really had any numerical marks, my teacher has been giving really positive feedback.

Revision: I'm continuing with my revision of Russia, and I think I know about 60 statistics now which is really good. I've also found out that my exam is on 25th rather than the 18th, so I have an extra week of revision! We got some more theorists in English Language too, which I'm starting to revise more now. I still am not doing as much as I want to, and I'm finding that I'm not very productive at school. I'm considering maybe staying after school some days to see if my revision works better there.

My exam timetable and countdown
20160504_194126.png

The all important dates! I use the app Day Counter to get widgets on my phone to count down.

My exams are:

Wednesday 25th May: History Russia resit

Friday 27th May: Gen Studs

Monday 6th June: Gen Studs

Friday 10th June: History (AM) and Gen Studs (PM)

Wednesday 15th June: Language (AM) and Gen Studs (PM)

Friday 17th June: Literature

I don't have that many exams, so thankfully they're all over pretty soon...

Quotes

First exam was yesterday :biggrin: Went okay, I'm really praying that I scraped the A*, even though it was tougher than I expected. Next exam is 16th May, R.S.
Original post by kennethdcharles
First exam was yesterday :biggrin: Went okay, I'm really praying that I scraped the A*, even though it was tougher than I expected. Next exam is 16th May, R.S.

Ooh, what did you have yesterday? :eek2:

I'm sure you did great, how many more to go? :h:
Ooh, what did you have yesterday? :eek2:

I'm sure you did great, how many more to go? :h:

Igcse english language. Thank you :smile: I've got 19 more to go:frown: from the 16th May to the 24th June. Can't wait for summer :smile:
Update 04/05/2016

Good luck :h:

Mine start in June
Original post by kennethdcharles
Igcse english language. Thank you :smile: I've got 19 more to go:frown: from the 16th May to the 24th June. Can't wait for summer :smile:

I remember the days of hundreds of GCSE exams :emo: keep battling through, the summer will be worth it :biggrin:
Original post by Kvothe the arcane

Good luck :h:

Mine start in June
How's revision going? :smile:
I missed your updates :cry2:
Original post by SinsNotTragedies

:jumphug:
I didn't realise I'd been away for so long :colondollar:
:jumphug:
I didn't realise I'd been away for so long :colondollar:

It feels like so long :colondollar: I'm glad of the update and hope you've been as productive as you wanted? :hugs:
And I've still yet to finish my coursework Gingerbread :cry2:
Need A* in coursework in order to get one overall, my worst suspicions confirmed!! :redface:
It feels like so long :colondollar: I'm glad of the update and hope you've been as productive as you wanted? :hugs:
And I've still yet to finish my coursework Gingerbread :cry2:
Need A* in coursework in order to get one overall, my worst suspicions confirmed!! :redface:

I'm never as productive as I want, but I think the work I have done has been very effective :smile:
I'm sure you'll get it! Do you know what sort of grade it is currently on? :h:
I'm never as productive as I want, but I think the work I have done has been very effective :smile:
I'm sure you'll get it! Do you know what sort of grade it is currently on? :h:

Is anyone? :moon:
I have no idea of what grade it is on, though I've asked! :s-smilie: I'd hazard a guess, perhaps saying it is on the B/A boundary. :colondollar:
Is anyone? :moon:
I have no idea of what grade it is on, though I've asked! :s-smilie: I'd hazard a guess, perhaps saying it is on the B/A boundary. :colondollar:

It's probably better than you think, just keep trying to add more of what the mark scheme wants :smile:
It's probably better than you think, just keep trying to add more of what the mark scheme wants :smile:

I haven't got a copy of the mark scheme, is it just fulfilling the assessment objectives? :colondollar:
I haven't got a copy of the mark scheme, is it just fulfilling the assessment objectives? :colondollar:

Yeah, it's pretty much the same as an exam mark scheme so have a look at one of those online :smile:
Yeah, it's pretty much the same as an exam mark scheme so have a look at one of those online :smile:

I'll take a look, thanks! :biggrin:

#Preach. I love Ging's updates. :biggrin:
Original post by Zacken

I can only look on in admiration at her meticulous planning and beautiful handwriting. :love: So helpful and knowledgable also!
Original post by Zacken

I can only look on in admiration at her meticulous planning and beautiful handwriting. :love: So helpful and knowledgable also!

Thanks so much guys, it means a lot :love: :hugs:
Update 04/05/2016

Quotes

I've got 10 between the 18th May and 27th June - the college breaks up for summer on the 24th!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending