The Student Room Group

~Gingerbread's road to Law~

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gingerbread101

I don't normally go outside because I burn so easily, but it was a very still day in terms of wind today and I had my sunglassses on so it was all cool :cool: :lol:

Sums up my life, tbh, ugh fresh air. :afraid: Jk, the outside is tolerable :colonhash: those sunglasses are so pretty btw :h:
How are you revising for literature atm? I find that I'm pushing it away more, in favour of politics because literature isn't as content rich. I think I'll do more on it in June, though :colondollar:
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
Sums up my life, tbh, ugh fresh air. :afraid: Jk, the outside is tolerable :colonhash: those sunglasses are so pretty btw :h:
How are you revising for literature atm? I find that I'm pushing it away more, in favour of politics because literature isn't as content rich. I think I'll do more on it in June, though :colondollar:

Haha, same for me for the most part :lol:

We've been doing some practice essays in class, but at home I'm just going over the quotes for my wider reading again and again and again :tongue: I've been prioritising History at the minute though because Lit feels like years away :redface:

How is your coursework going?
Haha, same for me for the most part :lol:

We've been doing some practice essays in class, but at home I'm just going over the quotes for my wider reading again and again and again :tongue: I've been prioritising History at the minute though because Lit feels like years away :redface:

How is your coursework going?

I've got a huge story to tell about that. :facepalm:Do you mind if I PM you?
I've got a huge story to tell about that. :facepalm:Do you mind if I PM you?

Go for it, just got your PM now, I'll read in a sec :h:
I agree, really nice weather recently. A shame I don't have an adequate outdoor desk -.-:biggrin:
Update 17/05/2016

Over the weekend I've been making flashcards for History to help me with learning what the Presidents did and when they were, because one of the questions might ask about a specific President. I also feel like I've been neglecting Russia a little bit, so I'm going to do an hour or so of that tonight.

Yesterday I got back the essay we did in exam conditions for History, and I got 60/60!! I was so pleased, because things are really starting to come together now and I have a good chance of getting the A* in Literature and History.

Russia: 8 days left
Gen St 1: 10 days left
Gen St 2: 20 days left
Gen St 3: 24 days left
History: 24 days left
Gen St 4: 29 days left
Language: 29 days left
Literature: 31 days left
Leaving school!

We've got our Leaver's hoodies now (and I'm that much of a nerd that my hoodie has my username on...)

Our last full day is Thursday, and then we have a Leaver's assembly on Friday (which I'm doing the tech stuff for) before our Leaver's party!

Are there any guides or masterposts you guys would find helpful?
~Gingerbread~

Quotes

Original post by kennethdcharles
I agree, really nice weather recently. A shame I don't have an adequate outdoor desk -.-:biggrin:

Wasn't too nice today though :sad:
I never work on a desk at home, I always work on my bed :lol:
Wasn't too nice today though :sad:
I never work on a desk at home, I always work on my bed :lol:

I agree, and ohh fair enough :biggrin:
*Sigh* CONFESSION TIME: I've been neglecting Literature recently, it hasn't quite been the same tbh. :sad:

:rip::puppyeyes:

Cute hoodie :h:
*Sigh* CONFESSION TIME: I've been neglecting Literature recently, it hasn't quite been the same tbh. :sad:

:rip::puppyeyes:

Cute hoodie :h:

It's understandable given the circumstances, but some revision might help to build up your confidence in your own abilities again :hugs:

It's understandable given the circumstances, but some revision might help to build up your confidence in your own abilities again :hugs:

I suppose it will, it's just hard to try to :ashamed2: I might try to do an hour on it tonight, actually :yep:

Thank you :hugs:

And good luck for your history exam that's coming up!! Btw, four general studies exams? :s-smilie:
I suppose it will, it's just hard to try to :ashamed2: I might try to do an hour on it tonight, actually :yep:

Thank you :hugs:

And good luck for your history exam that's coming up!! Btw, four general studies exams? :s-smilie:

Yep, once you start again it will be fine, it's just getting the motivation to start :smile:

Thanks! And yep, 2 AS ones and 2 A2 ones :unimpressed:
Yep, once you start again it will be fine, it's just getting the motivation to start :smile:

Thanks! And yep, 2 AS ones and 2 A2 ones :unimpressed:

Why two AS ones? What is general studies, anyway? :ashamed2:
Why two AS ones? What is general studies, anyway? :ashamed2:

One module on culture and one on science :smile: it's just a general knowledge type subject really, hardly any unis accept it
Update 17/05/2016

Over the weekend I've been making flashcards for History to help me with learning what the Presidents did and when they were, because one of the questions might ask about a specific President. I also feel like I've been neglecting Russia a little bit, so I'm going to do an hour or so of that tonight.

Yesterday I got back the essay we did in exam conditions for History, and I got 60/60!! I was so pleased, because things are really starting to come together now and I have a good chance of getting the A* in Literature and History.

Russia: 8 days left
Gen St 1: 10 days left
Gen St 2: 20 days left
Gen St 3: 24 days left
History: 24 days left
Gen St 4: 29 days left
Language: 29 days left
Literature: 31 days left
Leaving school!

We've got our Leaver's hoodies now (and I'm that much of a nerd that my hoodie has my username on...)

Our last full day is Thursday, and then we have a Leaver's assembly on Friday (which I'm doing the tech stuff for) before our Leaver's party!

Are there any guides or masterposts you guys would find helpful?
~Gingerbread~

Quotes

Nerd :tongue:

I don't finish until the 27th June :cry: (FP2 exam)
Update 12/05/2016

Hello again everyone!
Nothing much interesting has happened at school for the last few days, except today the Year 11s were having a full day of English lessons, which meant I didn't have an English Language or Literature lesson... I had History and Gen Studs in the morning, then from 11:10 until 15:30 I had no lessons to go to! I spent all day revising the women topic for History, because we're doing the essay tomorrow. We also did a fact test on it today, and I got 40.5/50, which I think was the highest score.

Leaving school is starting to get very real, and I don't like it!

In other news, I made a new guide today on the pomodoro technique which you should all have a look at here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4078095

Russia: 13 days left
Gen St 1: 15 days left
Gen St 2: 25 days left
Gen St 3: 29 days left
History: 29 days left
Gen St 4: 34 days left
Language: 34 days left
Literature: 36 days left
Notebook spam
IMG_20160512_214701.jpg

This is some of the revision I was doing today!

The stuff in pink is the corrections/additions I didn't know

How are you feeling about leaving school soon?
~Gingerbread~

Quotes

Ah notebook spams works? :redface: I might try that before South Africa :smile:
Original post by Niyi Aderounmu
Ah notebook spams works? :redface: I might try that before South Africa :smile:

I love notebooks, I use them for a lot of my revision :smile:
Hope everything's going well Noodle, good luck for your exams! :jumphug:
Original post by Midnightmemories
Hope everything's going well Noodle, good luck for your exams! :jumphug:

Update 19/05/2016

Today was my last day of lessons at Sixth Form... I'm super emotional about leaving behind the school I've been at for 7 years, and all of the friends I've had. We're going back in tomorrow morning for our Leaver's Assembly and then we're going out for Leaver's Party (so I won't be able to write an update for my official last day). My form tutor decorated mugs for us all with a message on for each of us, and mine was 'if this was Hogwarts, you would be Hermione', which I think was pretty accurate!

I got back another Literature essay, where I got 37/40 because I tried to be too clever and added an extra bit that lost me marks (the question asked for wider reading about drama and I'd included loads of drama stuff but added in a poem too because the link was too nice to not talk about haha). I've not been doing as much revision for the past few days because I've been trying to make the most of leaving school, but I should be back in full swing on Sunday and revising during the day too as we'll have started study leave.

Russia: 6 days left
Gen St 1: 8 days left
Gen St 2: 18 days left
Gen St 3: 22 days left
History: 22 days left
Gen St 4: 27 days left
Language: 27 days left
Literature: 29 days left

When do you start study leave?
~Gingerbread~

Quotes

Quick Reply