Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi i'm in year 13 and i'm really struggling at school. i do german, english lang lit and biology. i'm doing alright in german, it isn't too bad, english lang lit - it may be mind-numbingly boring but i'm also doing okay in it... but i just can't cope with biology. it's too hard, there's too much to learn and i regret taking it. i don't want to do anything bio-based at uni. motivation for school is at an all-time low. i persistently do my homework on the night before, or the day of, the due date and it is the bare minimum. LESS than the bare minimum. i left all my work set over the half term until sunday night so went into school for biology and just faked ill and went home after it. i keep doing this and people are becoming suspicious. in november i took sooooooooo many days off. in year 11, my attendance was 100% and i was always receiving praise from teachers. now, i don't even know what my attendance is and i'm constantly being told off. my parents have no idea; they think i'm SO motivated, SUCH a hard-worker...

i just don't have anyone at school and it really sucks. it's been like this for about four years and its always bothered me, but i always said 'oh i LIKE being on my own!'. only now am i realising that no, i DON'T like being on my own, its only cos i've grown used to it. having no friends at school really messes with your motivation. it sucks having no one to talk to.

i'm going to uni in september but i don't even know if i want to. i'll be doing languages, but i have no passion for it AT ALL.

i have friends outside of school at college and one day in the half term we met up and it was just the best day ever. i felt so unbelievably happy the whole time, i'm never that happy anywhere else. it was the perfect day. the best day of the year so far. i just want to be around them all the time because everything else feels so bleak, stressful and depressing. sadly, i CAN'T be around them all the time as they have their own lives, i don't want to seem needy and i REALLY don't want them to realise that i have no one at school. it's so embarrassing. i miss them so much when i'm at school, its unbelievable.

prom's coming up and my friend was like 'awww you'll get to dress up with all your friends!' lmao no. even though i haven't got anyone, i'm still going to prom as dressing up is fun. i did it in year 11, i'll do it now.

i have a diary in which i vent and i used to sit in the toilets at school and just rant away in it until the head of sixth form called me into her office and said that she was concerned about how much time i was spending in the toilets..... seriously embarrassing. lmao i have no idea how i'm gonna last 3/4 more months...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi i'm in year 13 and i'm really struggling at school. i do german, english lang lit and biology. i'm doing alright in german, it isn't too bad, english lang lit - it may be mind-numbingly boring but i'm also doing okay in it... but i just can't cope with biology. it's too hard, there's too much to learn and i regret taking it. i don't want to do anything bio-based at uni. motivation for school is at an all-time low. i persistently do my homework on the night before, or the day of, the due date and it is the bare minimum. LESS than the bare minimum. i left all my work set over the half term until sunday night so went into school for biology and just faked ill and went home after it. i keep doing this and people are becoming suspicious. in november i took sooooooooo many days off. in year 11, my attendance was 100% and i was always receiving praise from teachers. now, i don't even know what my attendance is and i'm constantly being told off. my parents have no idea; they think i'm SO motivated, SUCH a hard-worker...

i just don't have anyone at school and it really sucks. it's been like this for about four years and its always bothered me, but i always said 'oh i LIKE being on my own!'. only now am i realising that no, i DON'T like being on my own, its only cos i've grown used to it. having no friends at school really messes with your motivation. it sucks having no one to talk to.

i'm going to uni in september but i don't even know if i want to. i'll be doing languages, but i have no passion for it AT ALL.

i have friends outside of school at college and one day in the half term we met up and it was just the best day ever. i felt so unbelievably happy the whole time, i'm never that happy anywhere else. it was the perfect day. the best day of the year so far. i just want to be around them all the time because everything else feels so bleak, stressful and depressing. sadly, i CAN'T be around them all the time as they have their own lives, i don't want to seem needy and i REALLY don't want them to realise that i have no one at school. it's so embarrassing. i miss them so much when i'm at school, its unbelievable.

prom's coming up and my friend was like 'awww you'll get to dress up with all your friends!' lmao no. even though i haven't got anyone, i'm still going to prom as dressing up is fun. i did it in year 11, i'll do it now.

i have a diary in which i vent and i used to sit in the toilets at school and just rant away in it until the head of sixth form called me into her office and said that she was concerned about how much time i was spending in the toilets..... seriously embarrassing. lmao i have no idea how i'm gonna last 3/4 more months...
    join the club life is hell when your alone side in year 13 as well got no friends note do you have social anxiety

I totally get it. Im doing English lit, Sociology and Citizenship and i like all 3 of them, i'm just finding revision etc so hard. And when i say hard, i mean its nonexistent and i feel stressed all the time because i have no clue about how to start or where to start. I want to be able to go to uni so bad, but i have no motivation to do the work that will get me there if that makes sense? My parents are always like 'just sit down and get on with it', but its not that easy in my eyes - the teachers at school think im fab in the lessons and have no idea about this struggle, but i hate it so much and i just feel like i cant do it anymore if you get what i mean?

(Original post by ElectronDonor)
    join the club life is hell when your alone side in year 13 as well got no friends note do you have social anxiety
    glad i'm not alone. and no i don't

ReputationRep:
    glad i'm not alone. and no i don't
    Well..

But seriously, go interact with people, attempt to make friends. Don't complain about it if you've not tried to talk to people and interact. Make convo about the work, how you find bio hard, ask people in your bio class to help you in a free period, etc...

I totally get it. Im doing English lit, Sociology and Citizenship and i like all 3 of them, i'm just finding revision etc so hard. And when i say hard, i mean its nonexistent and i feel stressed all the time because i have no clue about how to start or where to start. I want to be able to go to uni so bad, but i have no motivation to do the work that will get me there if that makes sense? My parents are always like 'just sit down and get on with it', but its not that easy in my eyes - the teachers at school think im fab in the lessons and have no idea about this struggle, but i hate it so much and i just feel like i cant do it anymore if you get what i mean?
    Yep i completely get what you mean, really sucks
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I can imagine how awful it feels, but really 3-4 months is nothing and it will literally fly by. Just see being alone as something positive; you can get loads of work done without any distractions. However you need to find your motivation first. My sister went through s similar experience to you, she had no one to talk to at school, and was always lacking motivation to work hard. But once she found her niche (in terms of subject she wanted to pursue in the future), that was her motivation to put her head down and just work. I know it's difficult to get through the school day without talking to any friends, but you still have your friends outside of school and they'll always be there for you. If I was in your situation I would plan loads of fun things to do in the summer with my friends and then I'd have something to look forward to. If you hate languages and have no passion fir the subject, then please don't go to uni this year. Your situation won't improve by choosing to study a subject that you aren't 100% committed to! Have you thought about a gap year?
    PM me if you need any more help/ someone to talk to

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 25, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.