artysmartyc
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello

I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice on city centre accommodation for UWE. I would be studying at Bower Ashton and wondered which was best?

☺️
withlove
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Marketgate - full of parties and drugs. Biggest city centre halls. You have to be lucky that you have a flat full of really nice people as 90% of the people in the building are loud, young, party animals. wessex bus on your doorstep

Phoenix - no. Overpriced, anti-social, rooms/kitchens no different to market gate, just super quiet. wessex bus on your doorstep.

Cherry - don't know much about it, sort of the outcast really.

Drake - shared bathroom, still fun but less hardcore than market gate. shared bathroom. more mature people tend to be in drake. central and en-route via Wessex bus to campus.

Transom - don't know much, pretty small. shared bathroom. central and en-route via Wessex bus to campus.

Note - wessex bus to bower is a joke. Go with the first bus pass from the bus station otherwise you may as well throw your money down the drain. Most of the time it doesn't show or your waiting in the cold for hours - I speak from experience.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (69)
66.99%
I don't have everything I need (34)
33.01%

Watched Threads