The Student Room Group

Really like my swimming instructor? What do I do?!

-.-
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

My advice: don't. However, if you are going to make it apparent to him, be very sure… otherwise your lessons could get very awkward. Whatever you choose to do… best of luck.
That is the worst position to be in!!! Don't go any further than being friends.
Original post by iEthan
My advice: don't. However, if you are going to make it apparent to him, be very sure… otherwise your lessons could get very awkward. Whatever you choose to do… best of luck.

Original post by Rach.is.awesome
That is the worst position to be in!!! Don't go any further than being friends.

I'm seriously battling with myself right now. I don't know if he's just playing with me. :banghead:
I think you should swap instructors...he could get in a lot of trouble if you were having any kind of personal relationship I think...

Also banter doesn't necessarily mean I want you...y'know
Original post by EA436
Pretend to drown so he might end up doing cpr on you

My favourite response so far :wink:.
Reply 6
Has he given any indication he feels the same?

Spoiler

Original post by homeland.lsw
I think you should swap instructors...he could get in a lot of trouble if you were having any kind of personal relationship I think...

Personally I hate swimming. The only reason I could ever possible enjoy it is because of him.
Reply 8
He could lose his job if you and him got together and someone found out because he would be breaching a position of trust.. Would you really want that to happen??
Reply 9
Original post by ||TheUnknown||
Okay, so I'm 16. He's turning 21. We have so much banter in our lessons. I don't know :colondollar:. This is stupid. But I really like him?

WOW this is dangerous territory. Sorry, but there is little to no chance of this turning out well... don't try anything until he's not your instructor any more. Even then I think chances are slim.
Original post by stefano865
Has he given any indication he feels the same?

Spoiler

I guess I'm the only tutee he only really ever talks to. I don't see him much outside of lessons but when I do, he smiles?

Spoiler

Personally I hate swimming. The only reason I could ever possible enjoy it is because of him.

Then just quit...it's getting close to exam season...
Your excuse could be that you're too stressed to continue. Honestly if you are only doing swimming in the hopes of a little hanky panky in the changing rooms after best to stop XD
Don't be jailbait ffs
Original post by homeland.lsw
Then just quit...it's getting close to exam season...
Your excuse could be that you're too stressed to continue. Honestly if you are only doing swimming in the hopes of a little hanky panky in the changing rooms after best to stop XD

Original post by Alexion
WOW this is dangerous territory. Sorry, but there is little to no chance of this turning out well... don't try anything until he's not your instructor any more. Even then I think chances are slim.

I would kill for a 'little hanky panky' (:colone:) but I guess you guys are right. But I really don't want to quit since I enjoy lessons with him.
I would kill for a 'little hanky panky' (:colone:) but I guess you guys are right. But I really don't want to quit since I enjoy lessons with him.

You're still only sixteen. Just enjoy the lessons :cute: you'll find someone better.
Original post by Arkasia
Don't be jailbait ffs

But what if I like the idea of being jailbait?

I would kill for a little hanky panky with some people too but I keep my head down and bloke that out of my mind...maybe just cyber stalk him???
Actually NO DO NOT DO THAT that is creepy af
I guess I'm the only tutee he only really ever talks to. I don't see him much outside of lessons but when I do, he smiles?

Spoiler

He probably just enjoys the banter.

You have understandably become infatuated with him and like the attention he gives you.

Spoiler

Original post by Alexion
You're still only sixteen. Just enjoy the lessons :cute: you'll find someone better.

Thanks for the wise words that I can't really ignore :redface:.
If word gets out he'll be helpless...
...like a fish out of water. :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest