Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I asked her out and now she's acting cold? :( watch

Announcements

I like a girl who I have known for a while. I asked her out for lunch, to which she didn't say yes or no. So now she's acting cold towards me, being off with me and short. This obviously upsets me a little because I just offered to take her out for lunch and now she's acting like she hates me. I kept my distance from her and only made conversation unless I had to. I figured I should stay away. Why's the reason she's being like this do you think?

ReputationRep:
    She doesn't feel the same way and is acting cold to make sure you get the message. Best to move on tbh.

ReputationRep:
    She's being a b*tch. Move on from her you can do a lot better.

ReputationRep:
    she is ignoring you because she wants you to get the fact that she doesnt like you

ReputationRep:
    perhaps she just feels awkward about the situation- so it's either she doesn't like you back and wants you to move on, or she does like you back and is freaking out about the situation- perhaps she's not ready to have any type of relationship with you that is more than friends. My advice is to give her lots of space and then after some time clear the air and ask her what she wants by defo mentioning that you are okay being just friends with her- this will make her feel less pressured and easier about the situation, it will ensure that she stays in your life tho whether its as friends or more

ReputationRep:
    I think you just need to speak to her one on one and ask if everything is fine, or if you hurt her in any way. Take her out for coffee or something and spend time with her get to know her she may start to realise her feelings towards you.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I like a girl who I have known for a while. I asked her out for lunch, to which she didn't say yes or no. So now she's acting cold towards me, being off with me and short. This obviously upsets me a little because I just offered to take her out for lunch and now she's acting like she hates me. I kept my distance from her and only made conversation unless I had to. I figured I should stay away. Why's the reason she's being like this do you think?
    Wow I almost thought I wrote that myself. Although weirdly enough I'm a girl who asked a guy to lunch and he turned weird, I thought he would at least be kind of complimented by it but oh well. To me it's just really immature to be acting like that, I don't know if there's any logical reason for that behaviour. It's going to hurt but I agree stay away and find someone else who is worth your time. The ironic thing is when you do pursue someone else who actually gives you the time of day and it works out for she will probably get jealous and you will really feel the hate.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like immature behaviour if you ask me. There's no need to be cold or treat another person in a hurtful manner just because they asked you to lunch-If you're not interested then just say 'no'?

People who behave like that are usually just full of themselves and assume you have some unlimited abundance of interest in them.

I suggest you don't give her the time of the day and let her carry on with her 12 year old behaviour.

ReputationRep:
    Blow outs, in every manner of unpleasant guise, are extremely common. Even very successful guys get them all too often. You just have to take it in your stride and move on. Makes success when it arises all the sweeter.

ReputationRep:
    Or maybe she is just not into you?
    Mate, seriously. Get the hint.

ReputationRep:
    If she's like that for a prolonged time then get the message and just forget about her (easier said than done, I know). If you can't move on and need closure then just say you want to talk. Otherwise stop dwelling and getting in your head over it, just mental torture to yourself.

I get the hint, I get she's not interested. But to be the way she is makes me feel like I did the worst thing ever. She can't even stand near me, look at me, talks to me bluntly, ignores me..

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 23, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.