Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi everyone, im wanting to apply for neuroscience next year but dont know where to start with building up for a personal statement for the subject. i've done a lot of background reading, e.g, Oliver Sacks, Susan Greenfield. i also currently volunteer at a medical museum, but dont know what other things i'd need to really stand out.
    Thanks for any help!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    You need to show that you've developed an interest in the field (reading, lectures, online modules or seminars, summer schools) and have an idea of what studying it is about. Try and get some lab experience or shadowing work but don't worry if that's not possible. Extra curriculars should be able to give you valuable transferable skills that are relevant.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.