Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    I was joking by the way, but then I'm not the one who is compromising national security by saying that my dad had a hand in constructing a nuclear installation, am I?
    lol no, tis me showing a picture showing everyone where the thing is :-(

ReputationRep:
    I was joking by the way, but then I'm not the one who is compromising national security by saying that my dad had a hand in constructing a nuclear installation, am I?
    lol true... but it's not really a secret- anyone who wanted to find anything out about the construction of my faslane would probably encounter my dads name. lol. and the word 'nuclear' is in his job title anyway so it's not that secret (and i know nothing cos power stations etc are so dull and i don't ever listen to him cos he's boring)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    lol no, tis me showing a picture showing everyone where the thing is :-(
    Haha, I wouldn't worry too much. Afterall, at least one formerly imperious superstate doesn't know where circa. 5 of it's suitcase nukes are. Sold to the highest bidder on the black market they suspect, but then they can't be sure of this - I don't know if they kept records for this sort of thing and neither do they.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    It was only a while that French Polynesia was the target of nuclear tests (remember Mururoa?). It was the time when Greenpeace, Australia and New Zealand called for a boycott against France. Not sure if any of you remember.
    isnt that what the godzilla film was based upon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    I read in newscientist the UK has about 250 Nukes, where do they keep them? My dad reckons its in some RAF base north of glasgow...
    I dont know about you but we keep ours in a cupboard under the stairs in Old Parliment House. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I read in newscientist the UK has about 250 Nukes, where do they keep them? My dad reckons its in some RAF base north of glasgow...
    In my underwear, want to search for them?

>_>
    <_<

:P Joking!

(Original post by PoisonJam)
    In my underwear, want to search for them?

>_>
    <_<

:P Joking!
    ......? Okay then....

ReputationRep:
    in Anne Widdecombe's panties

(Original post by John Paul Jones)
    in Anne Widdecombe's panties
    Well at least you know then that nobody will touch them, she can fire them out pretty hard though, which could be dangerous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Well at least you know then that nobody will touch them, she can fire them out pretty hard though, which could be dangerous.

haha exactly, and she's a right wing Conservative - so is very eager to use her nuclear knicker-load to attack some Communists or Al Quaeda

(Original post by John Paul Jones)
    haha exactly, and she's a right wing Conservative - so is very eager to use her nuclear knicker-load to attack some Communists or Al Quaeda
    lol! It's all part of Blairs masterplan, he's right wing really, to the extent of being a fachist, he's using her to take over the middle east and then asia. We should have seen it all along. I hear Bush is trying to do the same with Jack Osbourne but he keeps firing blanks according to Bush.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sublime_envy)
    ask me that in a few months when I am a weapons controller.
    .... when you won't be so daft as to talk about things like this on a public forum, I hope...

ReputationRep:
    Yeh my dad said Faslane, how come theyre all in scotland? Is it just for the subs?
    can't be arsed reading all this thread so sorry if someone has already answered.

all of the uks airborne nuclear strikeforce was abolished a few years back. now we rely soley on trident submarines. thats why all the uk nukes are based at faslane. one trident submarine could blow up a good proportion of the world fairly easily and undetected so we don't need anything else.

theres usually one sub crusing about in the sea ready to nuke people whilst the other 2 or so are being serviced or in back up incase something goes wrong with the one cruising about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iiikewldude)
    can't be arsed reading all this thread so sorry if someone has already answered.

all of the uks airborne nuclear strikeforce was abolished a few years back. now we rely soley on trident submarines. thats why all the uk nukes are based at faslane. one trident submarine could blow up a good proportion of the world fairly easily and undetected so we don't need anything else.

theres usually one sub crusing about in the sea ready to nuke people whilst the other 2 or so are being serviced or in back up incase something goes wrong with the one cruising about.
    Forgive me if I sound like an utter plonker who knows absolutely nothing about the machinery of modern warfare - but I am. When the Trident submarines fire their nukes, are they fully submerged? Do the missiles glide through water and then up into the air, before zeroing in on some unsuspecting rogue state?

ReputationRep:
    Do the missiles glide through water and then up into the air, before zeroing in on some unsuspecting rogue state?
    yep. they can reach targets about 10000 km away i think :cool:

ReputationRep:
    yep. they can reach targets about 10000 km away i think :cool:
    do you know where faslane is?

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    Strictly speaking it's not a trident submarine. Trident refers to the Trident II D5 submarine launched ballistic missile, deployed in the UK's Vanguard class and the US' Ohio class nuclear submarines.

The trident missile can actually be launched underwater. It's launched from the submarine by the pressure of expanding gas within the launch tube- once the missile is above the surface the first stage rocket booster then kicks in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    do you know where faslane is?

lou xxx
    somewhere in strathclyde near glasgow. if u really want to know where it is ask a hippy/ssp member as they like to hang around there protesting and chaining themselves to stuff etc.

ReputationRep:
    somewhere in strathclyde near glasgow. if u really want to know where it is ask a hippy/ssp member as they like to hang around there protesting and chaining themselves to stuff etc.
    lol, i just wondered. my dad was one of the civil engineers who designed it and no one ever knows where it is (the nearest town is helensbrough, so it's a bit north of strathclyde)... and i think the hippies are funny, you'd have thoughtb they'd have given up by now (my parents reckon they're the same ones as when we moved there 17 years ago)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuvverRussia)
    The trident missile can actually be launched underwater. It's launched from the submarine by the pressure of expanding gas within the launch tube- once the missile is above the surface the first stage rocket booster then kicks in.
    That must be quite a spectacle, although I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.