Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey people, this is my first post on the student room

So I am an IB student in india studying Math Phy Econ HL along with Chem English Spanish SL. I got the following offers so far:

Imperial - pending (I doubt i will get one)
    UCL - 38/45 BEng Mechanical Engineering
    Bristol - 36/45 MEng Electrical and Electronic Engineering
    Bath - 36/45 MEng Mechanical Engineering
    Edinburgh - 34/45 MEng Mechanical Engineering

So here's the deal:
    My parents love UCL(because prestige and all), though I am skeptical of going there because I have read countless tragic tales of UCL's Mechanical Engineering Department and such. Can someone tell me about the experience of studying Mech Eng at UCL? I like the university itself, but concerned about the academics there, and the fact that it is the only university I applied to where I am not going to be enrolling into a honors course. If I get rejected from Imperial, would it be worth going to UCL ahead of Bristol or Edinburgh, the other 2 universities that greatly interest me?

Any feedback is appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmanInd1998)
    hey people, this is my first post on the student room

So I am an IB student in india studying Math Phy Econ HL along with Chem English Spanish SL. I got the following offers so far:

Imperial - pending (I doubt i will get one)
    UCL - 38/45 BEng Mechanical Engineering
    Bristol - 36/45 MEng Electrical and Electronic Engineering
    Bath - 36/45 MEng Mechanical Engineering
    Edinburgh - 34/45 MEng Mechanical Engineering

So here's the deal:
    My parents love UCL(because prestige and all), though I am skeptical of going there because I have read countless tragic tales of UCL's Mechanical Engineering Department and such. Can someone tell me about the experience of studying Mech Eng at UCL? I like the university itself, but concerned about the academics there, and the fact that it is the only university I applied to where I am not going to be enrolling into a honors course. If I get rejected from Imperial, would it be worth going to UCL ahead of Bristol or Edinburgh, the other 2 universities that greatly interest me?

Any feedback is appreciated
    UCL is a top brand ...
    to me that is all that would have mattered ...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    UCL is a top brand ...
    to me that is all that would have mattered ...
    Read: 'I have no specifc points to add, so I'll defer to: it's prestigious'

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.