HopelessMedic
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm currently in year 12, and taking bio,chem,physics and maths. With the sciences having been changed this year, are past papers from previous years worth doing? If not then how would you recommend to revise? Thanks in advance
victoria98
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Definitely still worth doing! The content of the specifications hasn't changed much. I'm not sure which exam board you're doing but I do OCR A and saw the new AS textbooks- they have pretty much the same content (but they are so much better than what I have to use...). Past papers are the best way to revise for the sciences and maths so doing those is probably the only way. I tend to use old spec papers once I'm out of current spec papers (I go back as far as 2002) and once I do all of those I move on to AQA/Edexcel questions because, again, other than the wording of questions, nothing is all that different. Also at my school they seem to use the old papers for new sciences anyway- all mocks etc. From what I've seen anyway!

Good luck with your A Levels (I'm in year 13 doing the same A Levels so I know the struggle...)!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
21.56%
Excited but a bit nervous (123)
45.72%
Not bothered either way (35)
13.01%
I'm really nervous (53)
19.7%

Watched Threads