The Student Room Group

Nottingham Trent University - Help with Masters Application?

Hi Guys, you might have noticed another post in the other forum about me applying for my journalism masters at Trent, but this is a separate issue.

Does anybody know, or have any experience in applying at trent (for whatever course, not just journalism) and knows what this means;

"candidates with non-standard entry qualifications will be considered on an individual basis"

Im just enquiring because I got a 3rd class honours at undergrad due to several factors but was just wondering if anybody had any experience when applying for a masters via this route? what kind of 'requirements' are they? work experience? or something else?

Many thanks!
Original post by aaronfarny
Hi Guys, you might have noticed another post in the other forum about me applying for my journalism masters at Trent, but this is a separate issue.

Does anybody know, or have any experience in applying at trent (for whatever course, not just journalism) and knows what this means;

"candidates with non-standard entry qualifications will be considered on an individual basis"

Im just enquiring because I got a 3rd class honours at undergrad due to several factors but was just wondering if anybody had any experience when applying for a masters via this route? what kind of 'requirements' are they? work experience? or something else?

Many thanks!

If you have subsequent relevant work experience or you have a good professional writing portfolio than mitigates against the 3rd then you are in with a chance. However, be aware that for most people its not the place that is the issue, its funding - and with a 3rd you have no realistic chance of any bursaries or scholarships.
Reply 2
Original post by returnmigrant
If you have subsequent relevant work experience or you have a good professional writing portfolio than mitigates against the 3rd then you are in with a chance. However, be aware that for most people its not the place that is the issue, its funding - and with a 3rd you have no realistic chance of any bursaries or scholarships.

Thank you for your reply! Its helping me to get together a plan.

Funding isn't an issue with me, Im currently a full time manager and earn a good wage each month - I also saved up £5000 during my undergrad (i worked at the same place I do now - but part time haha) so funding isn't my main concern, it's the getting onto the course that Im worried about.

Thank you for your help - guess Im going to have to whip out the old portfolio and try and get myself some more experience to expand upon it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending