Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I have an interview with Citizens Advice... Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I have an interview in a couple of days for a voluntary role as Gateway Assessor. Does anyone know what kind of questions they'll ask? The lady said it was informal, just a chat really, but I'm still nervous. I don't have very much work experience (I'm 27), will they ask a lot of questions about work history and why I don;t have much of it?

Thanks for any answers
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by JadeJo)
    Hey,

I have an interview in a couple of days for a voluntary role as Gateway Assessor. Does anyone know what kind of questions they'll ask? The lady said it was informal, just a chat really, but I'm still nervous. I don't have very much work experience (I'm 27), will they ask a lot of questions about work history and why I don;t have much of it?

Thanks for any answers
    No need to be worried. They will just want you to be able to communicate with people , identify issues, ask a colleague if you dont know the answer, follow procedures and respect confidentiality.

They might ask you why you wnat to do it and whether you have ever interviewed people. Are you logical and analytical, can you spot the issues. If not then you need to make sure you ask your supervisor.

ReputationRep:
    Think of examples from your life where you can demonstrate how you have used the skills they have asked for in the job ad or job spec to have a positive impact on a situation.

I do mean all life and not just work experience so don't feel you only have to speak about work.

They will not likely ask about lack of work exp and they will probably have set questions they always ask.

Above advice is good. Smile. Express mucho interest in job. They already are thinking you might ne good for them

Good luck 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.