Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey

I'm studying sport coaching and over the summer I really want to do something active like coach at a summer camp or do something where I can get some qualifications (sport, outdoor etc).

I've looked at going to america but I have a part time job and I don't want to lose it by going away all summer if I can help it. I don't particularly like my job (retail) but I'm quite nervous about giving it up to do something exciting over the summer.

Any suggestions on summer camps or anything I could do over the break?

ReputationRep:
    Eastern Mediterranean University (Cyprus) has an International Summer School where, for only £400 you can stay for two weeks, have three meals a day, have pickup-dropoff at the airport and all your activities are paid for (not trips obvs). They have about a dozen courses in english, I can't remember them all off the top of my head though. You can stay for longer than two weeks too, which I'm assuming with the part time job you wouldn't want to.
    The courses are internationally accredited too, I know they have edexcel certificates (though they don't state which course each exam board covers)

Their website is here: http://summer.emu.edu.tr

Oh they also provide internships in Cyprus as well for the two weeks if you want to do something active.

When I've looked into it with price for staying and airport tickets and extra money to buy more food and trips it'd cost me around £650-£700 which for two weeks in June is great. (It's June 3rd - 16th)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Runescapian)
    Eastern Mediterranean University (Cyprus) has an International Summer School where, for only £400 you can stay for two weeks, have three meals a day, have pickup-dropoff at the airport and all your activities are paid for (not trips obvs). They have about a dozen courses in english, I can't remember them all off the top of my head though. You can stay for longer than two weeks too, which I'm assuming with the part time job you wouldn't want to.
    The courses are internationally accredited too, I know they have edexcel certificates (though they don't state which course each exam board covers)

Their website is here: http://summer.emu.edu.tr

Oh they also provide internships in Cyprus as well for the two weeks if you want to do something active.

When I've looked into it with price for staying and airport tickets and extra money to buy more food and trips it'd cost me around £650-£700 which for two weeks in June is great. (It's June 3rd - 16th)
    Sounds interesting, I'll check it out thanks!

ReputationRep:
    what about volunteering abroad? there are some great ones specific for young people and can be really fulfilling. you can choose how long you go for (usually 2-4 weeks), where you go (anyway from mexico to south africa to fiji) and what you do (helping children, building houses, saving marine life)

ReputationRep:
    Volunteer Abroad is a great opportunity to find yourself and interactive with local people.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.