How to get a better relationship with God as a student? Watch

Itsallaconundrum
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Please don't tell me God doesn't exist.

How did you move your relationship with God to higher levels?

I need his guidance and don't know where to begin?
Blackstarr
Badges: 20
Report 3 years ago
Read your Bible, that's where you start.
Ladymusiclover
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Iron sharpens iron. A good start is reading the Bible and hanging around other people who are also believers.
anonymousm3
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's handy to get a bible app on your phone that has free daily devotional plans. That way you can access it whenever.
stirkee
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
god's already taken, sorry
bardnnyc
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Davalla)
Send him a naked selfie.

If this was a gay, bi, tri, quad, trans and multi people thread and you post something as stupid and as vile as the above, the Mods would have issued you warnings.

Why do you guys mess with stuff which are sensitive to others but would want to be respected when you are discussing changing P, major to mammary fats or replacing testosterone with oestrogen or vice versa?
louissmith501
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm a deist/pantheist so the best way to venerate God is to take time to reflect on how amazing it is to be anything at all and to study the universe.
BristolFresher15
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
So you people are just assuming OP means the Christian god?
Aria Enoshima
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by BristolFresher15)
So you people are just assuming OP means the Christian god?
When in doubt, pick the most common God that is referred to as god.
DetectivePeralta
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Just have faith and pray to him. If you have faith that Jesus died on the Cross for your sins, you have already been saved. Make sure that you tell him what you're grateful for you (salvation, family, education, housing, food etc) and tell him about your fears and hopes. Be truthful and thank Jesus for your salvation.
BristolFresher15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Aria Enoshima)
When in doubt, pick the most common God that is referred to as god.
Okay, so the most common connotation of god is the most accurate?
AngryRedhead
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Itsallaconundrum)

Go to a good Bible believing church, read your bible and pray daily, remember to do what the Holy Spirit tells you to do even if it's uncomfortable or doesn't make any sense
Duncan2012
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Human sacrifice. Hope that helps.
Aria Enoshima
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by BristolFresher15)
Okay, so the most common connotation of god is the most accurate?
The most likely one that this person is talking about, yes. Accurate as in 'the most truthful god', isn't really relevant to this general topic.
HAnwar
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey,

I don't know what your religion is, but as a Muslim if I want to get closer to God, I pray extra, read the Quran, I also listen to it by putting on headphones so I block out everything else less important.
I also read up more about my religion, watch Islamic videos on YouTube and it makes me feel amazing

Posted from TSR Mobile
NJA
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Itsallaconundrum)

I was brought up Church of England, but I only went because my dad wanted me to go, there was nothing inspiring there for me so when I left for University I stopped going. While there I started to consider the purpose of my life, and realised I didn't have one that satisfied me, "the world was my oyster", but there was no pearl !

So when some people who obviously believed in the bible spoke to me I decided to investigate properly. I started going to various church meetings and was told to pray a “sinners prayer”, believing, and as such I was "a Christian". For the next 18 months I continued going to meetings and reading books by people considered to be "Christian leaders" to try and work out God's will for me, without success! All I got was opinions.

Then I met people who were not going to different churches and reading lots of books about God, they had a confidence and contentment I had not attained to, despite my efforts. I realised my relationship with God was mostly one-way, from me, not the daily, growing 2-way relationship they seemed to have.

They had received the Holy Spirit and spoke in tongues (an unlearned prayer language that God leads his people in as only he knows his perfect will for us, it allows him to minister his grace & love to our hearts - 1 Cor. 14v2, 4; Jude 20-21). They also had other direct input and leading from God. After a while I realised I was getting nowhere spiritually so for the first time I actually prayed expecting God to *do* something... namely give me the same as them or whatever else I needed.

One evening I was alone in my room, not doubting or fearing, just believing God had said yes to me (because he could have no favourites), and wanting nothing more, I prayed and spoke in tongues and in the days that followed I realised I had the Life spoken of in the bible, whereas before I was trying to be something I was not! I used to worry and get bored, now I see God opening my understanding about why things are the way they are, and more importantly, what life can be like.
I left the old churches because I could see they was as I was before, not as I wanted to be. The church I'm now in is like the one in the new testament, all members have the new Life, we have a unity I never found before. I now have contentment and fulfilling purpose that only the living God can give. I am now able to know God's thoughts and live according to His nature because I have His heart and mind through the Holy Spirit in me.

Have you received the same Spirit?
If not, or even if you have, it would help your appreciation of God to get with people that have. I'm with these because we are faiothful to the original, no "latest thing" or words-only traditions.
My guidance would be to get to a meeting.
BristolFresher15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Aria Enoshima)
The most likely one that this person is talking about, yes. Accurate as in 'the most truthful god', isn't really relevant to this general topic.
Fair enough.
sleepysnooze
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
smoke DMT
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Which God are you talking about? As in, which religion do you belong to/identify with?
muzi123
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
First step

Put your forehead on the ground and ask him guide me to the right religion

2nd step

pick up the Bible, Quran, Sikh scripture, Hindu scripture (rig veda) read them all seeking God and see which book u find to be Gods word.

3rd Go to a church mosque synagogue Hindu temple etc ask yourself which is the closest way to God

keep praying raise your hands say o God guide me to the right way the right path the path which you have favored not the paths which are misguided. If u do all that tell me wht religion u find.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (283)
15.21%
The paper was reasonable (1035)
55.62%
Not feeling great about that exam... (403)
21.66%
It was TERRIBLE (140)
7.52%

Watched Threads